Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Renzo vs Hughes

Default Renzo vs Hughes

Do you give Renzo much of a chance? I hope he can win but I find it very hard to believe he will. Hughes is the best top game player Renzo has ever faced in MMA, and he hasn't ever submitted someone the caliber of Hughes in MMA.

He's 43 and hasn't fought in three years, I think this may be a humilating fight for Renzo. He is a warrior and will always be respected by everyone but I just dont see this going well for him.

Quote Originally Posted by 123 MMA View Post
    Do you give Renzo much of a chance? I hope he can win but I find it very hard to believe he will. Hughes is the best top game player Renzo has ever faced in MMA, and he hasn't ever submitted someone the caliber of Hughes in MMA.

He's 43 and hasn't fought in three years, I think this may be a humilating fight for Renzo. He is a warrior and will always be respected by everyone but I just dont see this going well for him.
    BJ penn? albeit a loss but he submitted hughes' coach Pat Miletich.
    www.manchester-mma.com

steve_langford

Hughes will win via takedown and SMASH!!

Renzo is not Royce lol Renzo is an MMA fighter/World class BJJ fighter I can see him submitting hughes Renzo id 1 tough MOFO!
    ‎"He who goes to bed with itchy bum, wake up with stinky finger."

Quote Originally Posted by AVI4 View Post
    BJ penn? albeit a loss but he submitted hughes' coach Pat Miletich.
    A great win, but choking Hughes is another story.

Quote Originally Posted by rjd View Post
    Renzo is not Royce lol Renzo is an MMA fighter/World class BJJ fighter I can see him submitting hughes Renzo id 1 tough MOFO!
    I agree, it might be a guillotine in the first since that's supposedly renzo's favourite move and hughes has recently been shooting for desperation shots straight off the bat.

Going back to the Carlos Newton fight Hughes said he adjusted his takedown style and went more for upper body takedowns to reduce the risk of getting submitted immediately after the takedown so you don't know.

I hope in my heart that Renzo can stay with Hughes, but lets be real here, he is going to be smashed, even a Hughes that is 75% is going to go straight through Renzo.
    Hughes is just to much of a stronger athlete, he is going to man handle Renzo imo.
    All else being equal, the stronger athlete will prevail.

After watching recent hughes performances i'm backing renzo to smash him, hughes tds are very slow now, especially the last two fights, he cant take many big shots anymore either, he might bodylock then stall but thats it, otherwise renzo will be all over him.
    "A boxer is the best predator on land. The Lion, but throw him in the shark tank and he becomes just another meal" Renzo Gracie.

I want Renzo to win.

I think Hughes will win though.
    Oharra's treachery has disgraced us!

www.klfmartialarts.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

reckon Renzo will take this tbh.
    Hughes is strong wrestler, good gnp etc...

renzo is not royce though, he's much more rounded, proper MMA fighter.
    royce fought Hughes as a BJJ fighter without his gi. I bet if Royce wore his gi, could have been an advantage for him as thats his strength.

Renzo, much better without the gi than Royce, and good striker also.
    Think Renzo will sub hughes.