Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What oz boxing glove to get

Hybrid View

Default What oz boxing glove to get

I am after getting myself some boxing gloves to do sparring, but I unsure what oz glove too get.
    I was wondering what most people have got?
    I have already got Caged Steel MMA fight and sparring gloves, but need a pair of proper sparring boxing gloves.

Any advise or recommendations are appreciated. Ideally I dont want to spend more than 50.

I quite like the Hayabusa 16oz Sparring Gloves priced at 49.99 but unsure if they are the best for the money etc, and as mentioned, the correct weight I should be going for.

Cheers

if its just for Boxing then 16 oz would be good. If you are a heavy lump then 18's. I tend to use 14's and 16's depending on who I am sparring with. I am between 82 and 86 kg depending on what I have at Nandos

For 50 not sure what you would get , maybe some ok Lonsdale ones.

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Bateman View Post
    if its just for Boxing then 16 oz would be good. If you are a heavy lump then 18's. I tend to use 14's and 16's depending on who I am sparring with. I am between 82 and 86 kg depending on what I have at Nandos

For 50 not sure what you would get , maybe some ok Lonsdale ones.
    Yeah its just for boxing, well kick boxing really.
    I wouldnt of thought there would of been that much diffrence between say 14's and 16's? I take there is is there?
    Will 16's still be okay to use on the bag, only one of my mates reckon I should go for 12oz. Its all new to me TBH so im a bit unsure.
    Cheers for comments

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSupTT View Post
    Yeah its just for boxing, well kick boxing really.
    I wouldnt of thought there would of been that much diffrence between say 14's and 16's? I take there is is there?
    Will 16's still be okay to use on the bag, only one of my mates reckon I should go for 12oz. Its all new to me TBH so im a bit unsure.
    Cheers for comments
    if its kickboxing, then go for either windy , fairtex or twins. I think you will find they are constructed differently to just normal boxing gloves

Dude,

i got some twins spider white 16oz going for 40 with delivery if your intrested. Brand new still with tags on. Message if your intrested
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Out of interest, why would they be constructed diffrently, as your still using them for the same thing ie punching?
    HendoUK - not sure if im too keen on them to be honest, but cheers anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSupTT View Post
    Out of interest, why would they be constructed diffrently, as your still using them for the same thing ie punching?
    HendoUK - not sure if im too keen on them to be honest, but cheers anyway.
    I knew you would ask this , it was mentioned to me that Thai / kick boxing gloves are constructed differently to on the backs to take the force of the kick. now , how true this is i dont know, but it seems pretty fair because when i compare windy and twins gloves to my reyes, grants and lonsdale the thai gloves are alot firmer and stiffer accross the back of the gloves.

maybe someone can elaborate on this if they know.

I knew you would ask this , it was mentioned to me that Thai / kick boxing gloves are constructed differently to on the backs to take the force of the kick. now , how true this is i dont know, but it seems pretty fair because when i compare windy and twins gloves to my reyes, grants and lonsdale the thai gloves are alot firmer and stiffer accross the back of the gloves.

I am pretty sure the thumbs on Thai golves are different to - For clinch work....

My Twins are literally identical consruction to my mates all leather BBE's, so in a nutshell, i dont think there's much of a difference (although some box gloves have a 'free' thumb Thai tend to be fixed)
    "Just Scrap!"

Twitter '@DWedz'

I'd recommend 16-18oz.The brands to go for are Sandee,Twins,Cleto's as they are all hand stitched high quality leather.We sell the Hayabusa gloves but to be honest i prefer the old fashion 'bangers' gloves.For 50 you are looking at Sandee,Twins,Adidas,Lonsdale,Punchtown,Everlast,Ha yabusa but make sure you get a leather glove for that price. If you live near any of our stores pop in and try the gloves on, any of the guys in the shops would be happy to advise you on which ones to go for. We stock the same brands in-store as we do on the internet- http://www.bodyactive-online.co.uk/S...artialArts.asp
    Supplements,Fightwear,Muay Thai,MMA,Boxing,Fitness & Strength Training Equipment
    http://www.bodyactive-online.co.uk/
    Stores In Bolton , Manchester ,Liverpool, Warrington

The views expressed in this post are solely the views of the author and are in no way related to bodyactive-online.co.uk.