Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Celebrations

Default Celebrations

Looking around this forum I see a lot of recent belt promotions and was wondering how you fellow pyjama warriors went about celebrating, if at all, after Competitions or Belt changes?

I wrote once in my blog about how I felt that no one who is not directly involved in your training really cares about it (and in a way, that's how it should be IMO) but that doesn't stop us from wanting to celebrate when good things happen.

So what do you guys do when you want to celebrate mat related achievements? Do you get together with other mat-members? friends? family? loved ones? or do you just give yourself a pat on the back?
    The Part Time Grappler - Just Google BJJ / Grappling Tips and you'll find me

When I got my blue belt, I kept going on about it- in a jokey kind of way. When I get purple, I'll go out for a meal to celebrate.

I don't think there's anything wrong with celebrating any achievement. Life is mostly made up of ordinary moments, so making the most of life's highs sounds like a great idea to me.

TBH I think most BJJ guys will read about someone getting a new belt or winning a comp and think "Good for them" as they appreciate the hard work that goes in to as they've been there themselves.

when i got my purple. i had sex with it. no i did not have sex with the belt on my waist and a girl. i had sex with the belt.
    Insert whiny message

Lets congratulate Liam on his purple belt promotion by Karl Tanswell!
    Me...I did not celebrate as i was still ill from swine flu, but i did buy lots of bjj stuff online.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Meerkatsu's BJJ Blog

I recently won a gold at the Kent open and have just recieved my blue belt this month, and Ive done nothing at all to celebrate. Im gonna rectify that this weekend hopefully, if the wife lets me.
    I feel like a boring bastard now.

Pro Fighter
    Allan "No" Love
    Dinky Ninja

Booze and strippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Shrek View Post
    Booze and strippers.
    its the only way

Quote Originally Posted by Duchman View Post
    when i got my purple. i had sex with it. no i did not have sex with the belt on my waist and a girl. i had sex with the belt.
    lol thats funny

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Shrek View Post
    Booze and strippers.
    Booze and strippers/ ones you can touch, should be mandatory for anyone achieving anything.
    "CAGED STEEL WE SALUTE YOU"