Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some nice techniques for self defence

Question

I'm surprised you guys are not cussing this as many say trad jjitsu is rubbish. This is traditional jiu jitsu with another name.

Is it good cos they are saying ooosss at the end.

Good techniques nevertheless.
    Without knowledge action is useless and knowledge without action is futile.

How a man plays the game shows something of his character; how he loses shows all of it.

There is no goodness in the one who is not friendly or likeable.

I was pretty surprised at the respect given in this thread ( unless it's sarcasm ).

Load of fucking shite, as if someone is just gonna throw one slow strike like that and stand there letting you do 6 different punch variations to the arm throat etc. There'd be a hook immediately after the cross, a headbutt after that, they'd rag out of your grip etc etc...

Totally unrealistic wank IMO.

where can i get those funky joe bloggs type gi trousers I am sure I saw Shaun Ryder wearing a pair of them, i bet they'd be great for chokes and a great help for adding extra leverage to triangles etc

Are they BJJ comp legal?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Taylor View Post
    I was pretty surprised at the respect given in this thread ( unless it's sarcasm ).

Load of fucking shite, as if someone is just gonna throw one slow strike like that and stand there letting you do 6 different punch variations to the arm throat etc. There'd be a hook immediately after the cross, a headbutt after that, they'd rag out of your grip etc etc...

Dont be a hater Jamie, when you are truly enlightened to the arts, and you are blessesd with a bandana, then you could grasp and understand these techniques which you obviously do not understand.

Thou art but a novice Jamie
    "CAGED STEEL WE SALUTE YOU"

I thought he was going to count all the way up to 52!

Quote Originally Posted by Beev View Post
    I thought he was going to count all the way up to 52!
    You only need 6 death blows to end a fight on the street. Unless you're Ashida Kim.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Any where in London that teaches this? May drop BJJ and MT as this just seems so much more effective

Whilst i know what you mean about the 6 punch combos being bit realistic, nonetheless i'm sure a punch to the throat would hurt anyone.. AS bruce lee said from a martial art take whats useful and discard whats rubbish or doesent work for you. I'll take the punch to the throat and the strikes to the collor bone and if that doesent work double leg take down then ground and pound lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Taylor View Post

my irony detector is going off at most of the posts

Thats mint, ha.

If your 'attacker' falls asleep after throwing a punch as in the first few techniques then just fk off home....! simple