Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nick Diaz's boxing style

Default Nick Diaz's boxing style

Whats everyones opinion on it?

I always critisized it and said he just pitter patters them. But last night he really impressed me.

I tried to imitate him today at boxing, holding my hands high and throwing lots and lots of punches.

I found it hard to get a decent jab and any power, it blew my arms out holding my hands up for so long.

Is Diaz a good fighter to imitate?? or will I pick up bad habits by copying him?

How would this style do in an amature bout?
    BJJ White belt, 2 stripes.

General badmotherfucker.

I can't get my head round how he has as much success with it as he does where it not for his chin and cardio I don't think he'd be as successful.

He's pretty unique I'd have though BJ Penn or anderson silva would be better models to follow since they mix in the thai techniques also if only defensively in the case of penn.

Yea, his style needs a lot of conditioning.

6 x 2 min rounds on the bags using his style and my arms were dying.

Id need a lot of conditioning to use this style, but would this style with amazing conditioning be better than a more conventional style with average conditioningg?
    BJJ White belt, 2 stripes.

General badmotherfucker.

Diaz has really wide shoulders which gives him a lot of momentum on the hooks. Think he used to swim...

his hooks are amazing, i wouldnt try imitate him though, hes got the right body shape and length of arms to do it, and hes obviously an awesome boxer anyway.
    "My whole life is an epic journey man, I mean who else do you know that listens to Enya whilst taking a dump?"

He has long arms. He uses them as a range finder so he always knows his distance.

yet look how noons schooled him.
    "My whole life is an epic journey man, I mean who else do you know that listens to Enya whilst taking a dump?"

Quote Originally Posted by IceKid View Post
    He's a proper boxer sort of though, just goes to show how important boxing defense is in mma.
    "A boxer is the best predator on land. The Lion, but throw him in the shark tank and he becomes just another meal" Renzo Gracie.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IceKid View Post
    Noons schooled him? Damn, need to see that.
    'maybe on reflection that was a genuine grievance and not a gimmick. '

Wouldnt try to copy it in any way if I were you, His technique reminds me of Jardine in a way. Leave it alone it just seems to work well for them. If it was as good as it seems all the top level boxers would be doing it, copy them instead.. Its what they do.
    Ninja