Thread: Braulio Estima signed by Shine Fights!

Default Braulio Estima signed by Shine Fights!

The title says it all pretty much...

See link:

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/2/1/128...olute-champion

Will be really interesting to see how Braulio transitions into MMA. Wonder who will be his first opponent.
    "You can't have that, you're far to fat"

steve_langford

Ive said it before. Braulio has potential to do well IF he trains his stand up and wrestling hard!! Theres no doubting his ground game though.

Good luck Braulio.

Scary on the ground. Can he take a punch?

steve_langford

Quote Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
    Scary on the ground. Can he take a punch?
    Thats what we will find out lol. fair play to him on taking the plunge!

He will be big at middleweight to! he is quite the unit!

He should have a big reach and height advantage which should help him in his striking till he can get it to the ground.

hope he focuses a lot on boxing and boxing defense more than general kickboxing, as in mma 90% of ko's for grapplers are big overhands which they fail to defend as well as messing up kicks i.e. maia best example. I hope he gives a good account of himself, i'm sure he will
    "A boxer is the best predator on land. The Lion, but throw him in the shark tank and he becomes just another meal" Renzo Gracie.

How old is he?
    BJJ White belt, 2 stripes.

General badmotherfucker.

Quote Originally Posted by IranianWarMachine View Post
    hope he focuses a lot on boxing and boxing defense more than general kickboxing, as in mma 90% of ko's for grapplers are big overhands which they fail to defend as well as messing up kicks i.e. maia best example. I hope he gives a good account of himself, i'm sure he will
    I think with his length, he should actually concentrate on kicks, as he would welcome getting takedown from a caught kick.

As long as you have a world class Dutch/Japanese kickboxing or Muay Thai trainer, it keeps you out of punching range.

Demian Maia's problem was his very rudimentary and bad training. He didn't set up his low kicks with preparation punches which is a huge no-no.