Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grappling Arts Association LIVES ON!!

Default Grappling Arts Association LIVES ON!!

Fortunately we have managed to save the hard work and effort that has gone in to the GAA so far.

We will be running a streamlined version until we get everything in place and then we are back to the goal of pushing BJJ/Grappling forward.

If anyone has any queries or questions email me on

andy at grapplingartsassociation.org

Support the Sport
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Thai Boxing in Farnborough
    Full time academy!
    http://www.andyrobertsbjj.com

fantastic news. I and a few others are looking for insurance so I'll email you for details

It definitely would have been a travesty to let it die. I'm glad to see some people have the sense to see that so well done.

The post begs the question;

What does everyone want out of an association?

i think there is a rather long thread on EFN that encapsulates some people's musings on that subject

Well, streamlining is all very well but I don't think it addresses some of the issues people had back then.

Just saying 'support the sport' or 'good for the sport' all over again makes no difference, if it's not representing the views of a very broad cross section of the UK BJJ community then it will be no more successful than version 1.0.

Lets try and keep any bickering off the forums.

If anyone has any suggestions/queries/concerns you are more than welcome to email me and I will get back to you.

I literally started this yesterday.

In the first instance I am concentrating on getting the services offered by the GAA (instructor insurance (public liability), club insurance (accident cover) and tournament cover) up and running.

We will then move forward with pushing the sport forward together, the GAA will always try and represent the majority of UK BJJ and Grappling and would hope everyone can work together on this.

Andy
    Full time academy!

Just out of interest will you be ensuring standards of safety and organisation are standardized for the tournaments that insure through the GAA?

eg minimum mat sizes, paramedics etc as well as timetables that are adhered to.

Having an effective association is very important for the progress of BJJ in the Uk and there are several critical issues that need to be discussed and I believe the best place for that is in the open on the forum, lots of people will have some very valuable input I'm sure.

We will put in place standards for tournaments that are supported by the GAA, but the logical order is to provide insurance first so that all promoters of tournaments are able to get cover we will then work together with ALL tournament organisers to put together a set of standards that must be adhered to to meet GAA requirements.

It wont happen overnight and is something for which I welcome everybodys input.

I'm sure people would rather have an insured tournament than one that isn't.

I'm all for keeping it in the public domain/open forum the problem being is anyone can post/troll on the thread so can decend from sensible discussion to outright bickering quite quickly.

Andy

PS. Support the Sport ;-)
    Last edited by GBUK-Sheffield; 03-02-2010 at 10:36 AM.
    Full time academy!

cool mate sounds good

boxingbrit

Good luck with it mate. hope the work pays off for everyone involved