Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My first ever Judo session.

steve_langford

Quote Originally Posted by LukeH View Post
    Oh meant to add (I have posted this before, but will again).

This is a really valuable site, you should recognize one of the blokes too:

http://www.britishjudoeducation.org.uk/red/
    Cheers for that mate!!! great link!!!

steve_langford

Quote Originally Posted by LukeH View Post
    Judo is a buzz. I have not been for 3 weeks now due to other stuff going on and I miss it like hell! Can't wait to get back next week - but missus is due soon and so will likely have my sessions disrupted until the baby is few months old

Sounds like you have a great club to train at - sharing the Matt with the likes of craig falon!

There definitely is something special about Judo and I agree about how strong it can make you. When I first tried judo I literally had trouble walking up / down stairs the next day my whole body trunk I ached like hell more then any other MA including muay thai classes where you drill kicks until you can no longer lift your leg again.

I love Randori - this is what makes judo special for me, everyone has a good proper scrap and you get to apply yourself.

Ive been invited to a Wednesday night Randoori sesson at the Wolverhampton uni (walsall campus) Judo centre. Im defo going next week. Apparently they have upto 60 players on the mat on a regular basis. How awesome will that be!!

Quote Originally Posted by steve_langford View Post
    Ive been invited to a Wednesday night Randoori sesson at the Wolverhampton uni (walsall campus) Judo centre. Im defo going next week. Apparently they have upto 60 players on the mat on a regular basis. How awesome will that be!!
    Sounds awesome Steve! Reading this thread is making me pine for judo again (even though it's only been three week's). I can't wait to get my fingers taped up and the old thick weave GI on again.

Judo really is ichi ban number one!

I cannot STRESS enough how IMPORTANT Judo is to any BJJer and I can highly recommend any of the Erdington Judo squad and HIGHLY recommend North Birmingham Judo club!
    http://www.birminghamjudo.com/ if your from Brum!

We have regular Black belt GOLD medalist Judoka training with us @ Roleta's

Here one of John Byford, Zviad Tsiklauri, chris allen, Neal Harrison, Andrew Penny all Judo black belts and Zviad Tsiklauri is a Sambo champion!!!

Neil Harrison, and Andrew Penny in this pic are also BJJ blue belts SERIOUSLY off the hook grapplers and wont be blue for long!!.

Myself about to roll with heavyweight Gold medalist John Byford ( boy did I get beat up haha )

The sheer size of some of these guys John Byford, Zviad Tsiklauri

CROSS TRAIN JUDO!
    ‎"He who goes to bed with itchy bum, wake up with stinky finger."

Judo is sick!
    I'ts better to burn out than fade away!

started judo this week with a view to competing..

this had been my new years resolution..and it took me until now to get into it.

I have went three times in the last week and i have really enjoyed it..

a nice warm up..some technique..6x4mins randori..3x4mins newaza..
    plenty of rough and tumble..magic

in a light hearted manner..The rule changes is abit of a pain in the ass and servely penalises wrestling techniques..bring back leg attacks!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    in a light hearted manner..The rule changes is abit of a pain in the ass and servely penalises wrestling techniques..bring back leg attacks!!
    This is the main reason why I have chose not to train Judo as an individual art. It's slowly become a bastardized version of it was supposed to be.

understand ur point of view..hopefully these rules will be ammended after a short time..bring back 'Ugly Judo'

but heres the thing..im trying to learn new techniques from a variety of arts and become a ''well round grappler''..competing in the 'pure sports'with the view to subbing opponents s quickly as possible in a nogi competition and eventually make the tranition to a gi comp..(but i am finding going back to being a complete beginner difficult and learning the grips in judo is trying)

if that makes sense..

Yeah there's still loads to learn even from doing the watered down version of Judo. I still annoys me though.