Thread: functional strength training at its best

Default functional strength training at its best

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9hk9...ayer_embedded#

I do kettle bell, ab wheel, and powerhammer and swimming to supplement my bjj whats everyone eles do??? I just need to start to have the same approach to flexibilty and i think i'm on the right path

Quote Originally Posted by akiraB View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9hk9...ayer_embedded#

I do kettle bell, ab wheel, and powerhammer and swimming to supplement my bjj whats everyone eles do??? I just need to start to have the same approach to flexibilty and i think i'm on the right path
    I usually start my day with a very similar workout to Ross just before breakfast at 5am.I find it seems to be working.

In reality all I do is about 90 varying push-ups and say 60 squats 3-4 days a week.Done properly and slowly.This makes me strong enough to do jujitsu.
    Last edited by SwiftMotion; 03-02-2010 at 08:37 AM.

I usually start my day with a very similar workout to Ross just before breakfast at 5am.I find it seems to be working.
    I don't mind exercise but there's no way I'm leaving my bed at that time..

Its not his cup you can feel.... Mike Bishop's Avatar

Ross is the man. I've incorporated a lot of his stuff into my own programs. The exercise he's doing at the 1:08 mark is one of my favourites

That said - he's no Matt Furey

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bishop View Post
    Ross is the man. I've incorporated a lot of his stuff into my own programs. The exercise he's doing at the 1:08 mark is one of my favourites

Furey is called a conman a lot, you think he's really good?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bishop View Post
    i'd be interested in ur take on that..any particular reason why?

furey apparrently developed alot of his cond stuff from freestyle..

lol. matt furey is a dick. i wouldn't even waste the time downloading a pirate of any of his books. he's only in for the money.

ross emamait is a s&c god for combat athletes. his conditioning workouts are scary hard.