Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cutting weight for amatuer

Quote Originally Posted by Dave78 View Post
    cheers Oli and Luke

as Oli says i guess it all just depends on the day and the individual, ive done about 7-8lbs but over a period of time, i think (hope) it wont affect my energy levels as ive practically made weight already and still have 14 days to go
    Certainly. My first fight, I spent 4 minutes in fetal position pretty much yet didn't get tapped!. 2nd fight I gathered a bit more energy, but I got taken down pretty quickly but intercepted a triangle, fought and got it. It was the only move I made pretty much all day

word of advice... after the weigh ins dont eat a chicken tikka roll... as thats what i did.. and i puked after my first fight which was just before my second, and i puked after the second aswell... i won them both.. but i puked none the less lol
    three wins three losses need to get my arse back on winning ways

Try and get a copy of 'The Grapplers Guide to Nutrition'. Very good book, and talks about on the day weighs and day before.

I followed it for my first semi-pro fight going form 74kg to 70kg and it worked well. Also know a lot of other fighters who have followd it, or something very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by elliottgreenhill View Post
    word of advice... after the weigh ins dont eat a chicken tikka roll... as thats what i did.. and i puked after my first fight which was just before my second, and i puked after the second aswell... i won them both.. but i puked none the less lol
    haha brilliant ... id be careful about stepping away from that winning formula if i were you lol
    "Just Scrap!"

Twitter '@DWedz'

im lucky i go from 100kg to 90 kg in 2 weeks just from training hard,but i can shit 6lb aswell