Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teaching and Training

Quote Originally Posted by rjd View Post
    ...........JUST LOL!
    Completelly agree..

Coaching Football and Playing it is COMPLETELLY DIFFERENT to say teaching grappling and then learning grappling.. Like Rob saiid; ''You can help students much more by rolling with them than just watching.''

And ii also agree with his comment about not being able to keep an eye on 10 pairs of people at the exact same time.. what if someone gets a biit frisky and accidentally hurts the person he's rolling with.. you expect the instructor to be there the exact same second its happening and stop it in process?

LMFAO! unfortunatelly superman doesn't teach BJJ.. haha

Instructors getting involved in classes evey now and agaiin is extremelly helpfull for the students as they learn soo soo much more..

GG

Quote Originally Posted by steve_langford View Post
    Fair enough but if youre rolling with someone you cant be helping other guys out at the same time? This is just how I feel , dont suppose there is a right or wrong really , personal preference.
    I can't watch and dissect everyone's game at the same time either. I think it's better to mix up watching/rolling.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

I think a lot of jiu jitsu is absorbed by your body rather than just learning as if from a factsheet, that's why it takes so long to progress.

Rolling with higher level guys is an important part of your training, you can't learn BJJ from a book.

Teaching and training for competitions is very difficult, you inevitably end up making compromises.

Quote Originally Posted by TRIBULUS View Post
    Teaching and training for competitions is very difficult, you inevitably end up making compromises.
    U see,thats the thing..i compromise enough training as often as i do..

with the urge to compete..taking class imo will be helpful but yet a hinderance to my personal training..

Quote Originally Posted by TRIBULUS View Post
    I think a lot of jiu jitsu is absorbed by your body rather than just learning as if from a factsheet, that's why it takes so long to progress.

Rolling with higher level guys is an important part of your training, you can't learn BJJ from a book.

Working and coaching take up most of my time and my own performance has suffered badly because of it. Iv learnt loads by coaching but without the implicit learning you get from grappling high level guys my performance will remain low. Want to do more work with Lucio and Lagarto but also need to earn a living and pay bills. Its just one of those things iv had to come to terms with and live in hope I get better work so i can get my own training back on track. Maybe one day

When I teach my class I take part in the warm up and the sparring. When I teach technique I am physically going through the technique as I explain it so I am still practicing (sort of).

I also regularly travel to train with my instructor who is based about 45 miles away, then I am just another student and take part in the full class.

I hold down a full time job aswell.

Obviously, it would be better to have time to teach and time to train myself but that's not the way the real world works. You just have to do the best you can and balance it up as best as possible.
    Oharra's treachery has disgraced us!

www.klfmartialarts.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]