Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First time Gi?

Its not his cup you can feel.... Mike Bishop's Avatar

anyone seen that film groundhog day ???

shoyoroll/Keico Raca/Koral

We need a Gi thread sticky!

To answer your question....I've got a Vulkan Gi which I get on really well with. But there are loads out there, just trawl through some of the pages in this forum and there are threads about pretty much most of the main Gi's

I don't know why people get so uptight about Gi threads.

I have a Faxia Rua and a lightweight Vulkan. Both are excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post
    I don't know why people get so uptight about Gi threads.
    Cos as Simon said in his thread, 90% of gi threads turn into extended adverts for a few brands, with the manufacturers and sponsored fighters simply posting how great Company A is, and not actually helping the thread poster at all.

Takedown - The answer is to go try on the gis of your classmates and ask their opinions. If you would like to get a serious answer on here, then post your height and weight, and perhaps someone who is of a similar build can give you the benefit of their experiences.

James

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Tapsalot View Post
    Cos as Simon said in his thread, 90% of gi threads turn into extended adverts for a few brands, with the manufacturers and sponsored fighters simply posting how great Company A is, and not actually helping the thread poster at all.
    Yeah that happens and it is annoying, but what bothers me more is the mild flaming of people who are new to the sport and are simply trying to get a little info.

Sure, in hindsight it seems obvious to use the search function as these sort of questions are asked very often. But it's not something that a newbie should be given a hard time about or made to feel unwelcome just because it hasn't occurred to him/her to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post
    Yeah that happens and it is annoying, but what bothers me more is the mild flaming of people who are new to the sport and are simply trying to get a little info.

Sure, in hindsight it seems obvious to use the search function as these sort of questions are asked very often. But it's not something that a newbie should be given a hard time about or made to feel unwelcome just because it hasn't occurred to him/her to do that.
    That sums up my thoughts exactly. Bravo, Sir. Bravo!

If you read the title and think "great, another Gi thread" why bother clicking on it just to have a moan? just don't open it?

Quote Originally Posted by steve_langford View Post
    miserable twat
    not miserable just fed up of the same thread over.... and over.... and over.... again the twat comment was un called for young steven
    Last edited by rjd; 06-02-2010 at 05:51 PM.
    ‎"He who goes to bed with itchy bum, wake up with stinky finger."

lol thanks guys, seems some good gis, it was the brands i needed really just to look around.. im 6ft 1in 19st and hoping to reduce it.. chest size 46in...

Quote Originally Posted by takedown View Post
    lol thanks guys, seems some good gis, it was the brands i needed really just to look around.. im 6ft 1in 19st and hoping to reduce it.. chest size 46in...
    Koral would be best as long as u wash it at 30 so it don't shrink most fit at first but the gi's shrink alot when washed on high heat. Also don't tumble dry your gi
    ICON Jiu Jitsu

The only bars i go to are Arm Bars, Knee Bars and a Mars Bar