Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Combat sports open trials

Default Combat sports open trials

Had another great day there, cannot reccomend this comp highly enough to anyone who wants to fight!

Was pretty busy. Something like 55 bouts, think nearly everyone had 2 bouts, so...60 some people?

At a rough estimate. ^_^

Take care,

Stalks
    Grappling Record: 215 W (134 SUBs) - 85 L (13 SUBs) - 2 D
    Amateur MMA Record: 15 W (14 SUBs) - 0 L - 2 D

The Jiujitsu Game - A Competitor's Videolog

Proudly sponsored by Black Eagle & Scramble

I see Paul Hopkins from GB Birmingham fought, I seem to remember from when I competed there was a rule saying no pro fighters or semi pros with more than 2 bouts, is this still the case? As Paul has 11 pro fights and 4 semi. I'm not the MMA police or anything but it seems a bit bad that such an exerienced pro is beating up guys that have typically only been training a year or so

COMPETITOR EXCLUSIONS:

In the interest of maintaining safety and fairness within amateur competition, competitors who have engaged in two or more 'Professional Bouts' will not be permitted to compete in the Combat Sports Open Trials. For the sake of this exclusion only, the term 'Professional Bout' will be deemed to describe a bout in which head strikes are permitted whilst both standing AND on the ground. 'Semi-Professional' bouts (head strikes permitted standing but not whilst on the ground) are not considered as a 'professional bout' for the sake of this exclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Stalkachu View Post
    COMPETITOR EXCLUSIONS:

In the interest of maintaining safety and fairness within amateur competition, competitors who have engaged in two or more 'Professional Bouts' will not be permitted to compete in the Combat Sports Open Trials. For the sake of this exclusion only, the term 'Professional Bout' will be deemed to describe a bout in which head strikes are permitted whilst both standing AND on the ground. 'Semi-Professional' bouts (head strikes permitted standing but not whilst on the ground) are not considered as a 'professional bout' for the sake of this exclusion.
    Cheers for clearing that up, I couldn't remember the exact wording but knew it was along those lines. Though thinking about it I guess these things will always have experienced guys facing beginners as there is nothing stopping a pro Thai boxer or someone with extensive grappling experience (such as yourself) from competing

This is true. Although I would think after a certain point it would be kind of disrespectful. Right now, I'm just fighting whatever I can to keep myself busy, as well as to work different aspects of my game. I can't play guard in the same way in MMA, and there's less time to work with, so it changes how you play the game.

For what it's worth, if I win any of these leagues, I won't go back to that league. That would be unfair, in my opinion.

That said, if you've had 11 pro fights and you are expressly forbidden from entering, those fights should be made No Contests.

In my opinion!

Take care,

Stalks

I agree entirely

when I saw you were competing I was going to try and rush myself back into competing so I could test myself against such an accomplished grappler, but I just couldn't get my shoulder right in time, will you be doing the other rounds?

I should be doing every round of Combat Sports, plus Grapple and Strike 1 & 3. And hopefully the finals of both.

So I'll be around. No rush. Welterweight? ^_-