Hey people I am posting this on a couple of forums for advice!

Hey people, how are you? I am seriously thinking about organising and running my own BJJ and No gi competition. I have some people that I trust who are willing to sponsor the event and just wanted to know if anyone here has ever run a competiton before be it BJJ or No gi? If so can you offer any tips or ideas?

For those that haven't run a competiton, I'd like to hear your thoughts on how a competiton should be run. I mean we've all been to comps where you weigh in at 8 or 9 in the morning and wait around all day to fight without knowing what's going on. And most of you have probably seen some dubious judging and decisions. What I am looking at doing is running the comp under regular BJJ rules BUT ensuring it is well run, with a fun, safe and respectful envirronment for all competitors to test theirs skills and learn together.

At present I'm looking at prize money for first place getters in all divisions with protein/vitamin supplements, training gear etc for other place getters. Please let me know your thoughts on this and feel free to share "Dream competition" ideas!(But please realise I am not a sheik and cant put up the amazing prize money of ADCC :-) etc ) Thanks in advance for your input!!!

Kind Regards
Felipe