Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gi Review: Black Eagle v Tatami Zero G v Malvado

Default Gi Review: Black Eagle v Tatami Zero G v Malvado

Hi guys,

I reviewed and tested three British gi makers' single weave gis.
    They are the Black Eagle single weave, Tatame Fightwear Zero G and the Malvado Fightwear single weave.
    Read my unbiased and independent thoughts about these mid-priced gis here:

http://meerkat69.blogspot.com/2010/0...k-eagle-v.html

Summary:
    When I began BJJ seven years ago, there was not a lot of choice of gis to buy in the UK. Fast forward to today and there are any one of a number of UK-based gi companies offering BJJ affordable uniforms.

There are cheaper BJJ specific uniforms on the market (ie those in the 30-40 range). However, for a product that is a significant step above in quality, you will need to consider those in the 50-60 range.

These three gis should certainly be within your buying radar. All three offer tremendous value and quality of product and arguably are as good as uniforms costing twice as much - you just need to choose according to your personal preferences as outlined in this review.
    And a photo or two:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Meerkatsu's BJJ Blog

which one did you think was the best?
    Last edited by rjd; 13-02-2010 at 06:55 PM.
    ‎"He who goes to bed with itchy bum, wake up with stinky finger."

Black eagle had the best construction quality, Tatami was very close to my Vulkan and if it was just bit smaller, it would be perfect, the Malvado had the nicest design.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Meerkatsu's BJJ Blog

Slightly Bonkers shakus maximus's Avatar

my tatami zero g is the best value ive bought. just my opinion diferent people look for different things

Amazingly in depth reviews.. awsum siite! Black Eagle gi seems to be really good fair play!! thanks for the awsum advice about these gi's..

GG

Its not his cup you can feel.... Mike Bishop's Avatar

Why didn't you look at the faixa rua ? Presumably because not British but I'd be interested because I'm considering one of these as my next purchase

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bishop View Post
    Why didn't you look at the faixa rua ? Presumably because not British but I'd be interested because I'm considering one of these as my next purchase
    you wont regret that decision

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bishop View Post
    If you read the whole review all the way through.. you'll see that he did review the Faixa Rua vs Vulkan Pro Lite..

http://meerkat69.blogspot.com/2009/0...-classico.html

GG
    Last edited by GreekGod; 13-02-2010 at 10:45 PM. Reason: forgot the link..

Blimey, that was a serious review. Excellent.

They all sound great for the price but I'd be most inclined to go for the Malvado. This is purely based on the fact that I like the colour of the logo and they're not as well established as the other companies.

I like new companies.

That's awesome Meerkatsu. I'm considering buying a new gi so the timing couldn't have been better!

My current is a Feral and I love it but don't know where to find them now.
    The Part Time Grappler - Just Google BJJ / Grappling Tips and you'll find me