Thread: Training Advice

Default Training Advice

Hi all,

Im after some advice, how do I condition my thighs to better withstand leg kicks?

Im sick of getting dead legs all the time!!!

block them

Quote Originally Posted by dunny View Post
    block them
    haha .. it may have sounded sarcy but he's actually right..
    either learn to check the kicks and block them with your conditioned shins.. or move out of the way.. that's all ii can think of to be honest.

Maybe some of the Thai boxers here would be able to give the best advice..

GG

when i was doing karate in kent we used to stand in front of our training partner and take turns thigh kicking each other. starting at light to medium and working up to pretty hard. so see if you can get a training partner and try this. it has worked for me. failing this move out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by coleman.sensei View Post
    when i was doing karate in kent we used to stand in front of our training partner and take turns thigh kicking each other. starting at light to medium and working up to pretty hard. so see if you can get a training partner and try this. it has worked for me.
    Thats what we do, cant say it takes away the pain but it gets you used to it so you dont really think about it.