Thread: Nathan Cleverly wins European light heavyweight Title

Default Nathan Cleverly wins European light heavyweight Title

Nathan Cleverly won the European light heavyweight title on Saturday.. then admits; boxing is still only a hobby.

He's now on course for a shot at the WBO world title after stopping Italian Antonio Brancalion in the fifth round at Wembley Arena on Saturday.

anyone seen his fights? he seems to have pretty good potential to be honest.

GG

im a big fan , he is class and very strong for 22, im in college with a boy that trains with him.
    MMA (9-2 8 subs) Sponsored Athlete under Tatami Fight Wear, G&S welterweight champion

he is very fast ! he has speed that you wouldnt associate with someone of that weight class

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

boxingbrit

I think he is a great potential but worry that with no big names coming through they may try to rush him. I hope not cos another few fights at European level, earning decent money and he could be genuine world class.

I read in boxing weekly a while back that he wants to be a super middle in the future.

Him vs Froch would be awesome in the future.
    BJJ White belt, 2 stripes.

General badmotherfucker.

Anthony Bellew would smash him up

imo he is along with khan and couple of the olympic guys, the most stylish british boxers, usually british boxers have a habit of not being very crisp and sharp, but rugged, tough and conditioned like calzaghe, hatton etc, nice to see a change, cleverly reminded me of a white, less showmanship version of roy jones with his lead right hands.
    "A boxer is the best predator on land. The Lion, but throw him in the shark tank and he becomes just another meal" Renzo Gracie.