Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Learning to Box

boxingbrit

Yeah, he is fighting at Huddersfield Sports Centre ina couple of weeks. My mate Gary Sykes has a British Title shot on same bill and ther are a few other local lads on.

Andy's missus is having a baby and he has been moving etc so has not fought much this year

Quote Originally Posted by boxingbrit View Post
    Yeah, he is fighting at Huddersfield Sports Centre ina couple of weeks. My mate Gary Sykes has a British Title shot on same bill and ther are a few other local lads on.

Andy's missus is having a baby and he has been moving etc so has not fought much this year
    Gary Sykes.... I trained with him what must be about 10 years ago in Dewsbury Moor. I say trained with him, I was 11 or 12 punching some bags and what have you in Keith Tate's place whilst he was there.

He's doing well!

Do you know if any of the McIvers's (sp?) are still fighting Ian? I remember there was a few brothers doing well at the time.

boxingbrit

Big Mally has retired now but his bro is might still be fighting. You may have trained there same time as me then. I boxed for Keith in 1999 before i moved permanently to Rawthorpe although i trained mainly with Middy (keiths foster son).

Sykes v Crolla last year was a cracker,the kind of trade fight that keeps me interested in Boxing.You knew that the winner should be able to move on to big things.Is Sykes fighting Ricky Burns in a couple of weeks ?

boxingbrit

Yeah mate. This is the show they are all fighting on:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=318575940232

Sykes got tough fight if fighting burns be good if can win as burns is in line 4 shot at wbo belt.gud division in britain with sykes ,foster jnr ,cook,burns and andy morris.morris v foster jr 2 fight winner of sykes and burns would be good if could get it on now both under hatton promotions