Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Renzo Gracie vs Matt Hughes - Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnfitOne View Post
    who ? Rolles ?
    He's #1 for sure.

I would have liked to see Renzo to have a few fights before hand or atleast fight the winner of Serra/Trigg i.e. Serra.. and then fight Hughes afterwards..
    I think he's a pretty cool guy overall but ii believe Hughes takes this.. Win or Loose .. Love him or Hate him.. Matt Hughes is a Living Legend!

GG

Renzo will never never ever fight Serra. Matt Serra is extremely loyal to Renzo,there's a rumour that he even gave up a very possible ADCC crown because Renzo asked him to let someone else win.

edit: Serra admited it, but was he serious?
    Last edited by Le_Divin_Marquis; 16-02-2010 at 11:58 PM.

Captain America is my Dad mickclark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreekGod View Post
    I would have liked to see Renzo to have a few fights before hand or atleast fight the winner of Serra/Trigg i.e. Serra.. and then fight Hughes afterwards..
    I think he's a pretty cool guy overall but ii believe Hughes takes this.. Win or Loose .. Love him or Hate him.. Matt Hughes is a Living Legend!

GG
    Renzo and Serra will never fight. Serra was the first American that Renzo gave a blackbelt to I believe.
    Meh...........

I'd love nothing more than to see Renzo beat Hughes convincingly to avenge Royce and Serra's losses (I personally thought Serra beat Hughes) but realistically I see Hughes out-wrestling him for a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    He's #1 for sure.
    I think he's more #2

Renzo VS Newton in Pride was such an awesome match for its time, so to vs Sakuraba. I love this guy. He showed then how classy he truly was, if you get the actual Pride and Pride Bushido events the backstage stuff and the way he acted after losing proves he really is a great guy worthy of legend status.

He has an interview on Sherdog talking about the Abu Dabi connection and FINALLY after quite some time as coming over as a bit of a dick he demonstrates what a nice and likeable guy he really is. I hope he chokes that hick the FO. Renzo VS Hughes is a fight for the ages and should have happened time ago. WAR RENZO

Quote Originally Posted by purist View Post
    I'd love nothing more than to see Renzo beat Hughes convincingly to avenge Royce and Serra's losses (I personally thought Serra beat Hughes) but realistically I see Hughes out-wrestling him for a decision.
    Serra did beat Hughes imo, Hughes just lnp'd him for three rounds doing nothing! But you're right i see this being deja vu and Hughes doing exactly the same!
    "Just Scrap!"

Twitter '@DWedz'

Always my favourite Gracie.
    Still love his upkick KO over Taktarov
    Hoping both him & Hughes put on a great fight just to remind peoplew how great they were.

Both guys have done a lot in this sport & get abuse now because the sport has moved on, or younger guys have come in & taken their spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Le_Divin_Marquis View Post
    there's a rumour that he even gave up a very possible ADCC crown because Renzo asked him to let someone else win.

edit: Serra admited it, but was he serious?

yeah it was Serra vs Marcio Feitosa 2001 ADCC 77kg final, and Renzo basically instructed them to close out the bracket - with Feitosa (the more senior memebr of Gracie Barra) taking the title
    not at all uncommon in jiu jitsu tournies - Gracie Barra don't do it anymore but Alliance still do it

I want Renzo to win but think Hughes is more fight-fit, having been a lot more active over the past few years. Should be interesting

Cynically i think its all set-up for Hughes to win and for Dana to show Abu-Dhabi that him and 'his fighters' are superior to theirs (renzo having a long-standing affiliation with the Sheiks and going out there i think 7 times in 2009)