Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Press up challenge!

Hybrid View

Default Press up challenge!

listen to this song, Bring Sally Up - Moby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOEVIqcgz3Y

start off in the press up position, when they sing bring sally up, you go up, she says bring sally down you go down. Then stay down/up untill she says it again.

doesn't sound very hard but it kills your arms! see if you can finish the whole song.

The one I like is make a diamond shape with your hands under your chest, look straight ahead, back straight, feet together. Try to complete 80 full press ups in 2 minutes, if the back begins to bend and and its evident that the client is only pushing up his shoulders rather than bringing up his hips with them don't count them.

That is hard has hell, develops your lower chest fantastically but hurts like hell... Do it 2 days a week for a couple of weeks and then move onto 3 giving sufficient time for rest and development and you'll be pleased.

I'll be sure to try this out afterwards though, with myself first and if I like it then I may introduce it to my clients. Thanks.
    Taking this shit, one day at a time.

Haha I'll have to give it a shot one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    That is hard has hell, develops your lower chest fantastically
    Don't mean to sound like a dick mate but I'm almost 100% sure that it's impossible to develop your lower chest ? Especially with press ups ! Your muscle either develops as a whole or doesn't at all. I hate it when people say they do incline to build their upper chest or cable cross overs to work their inner chest, concentration curls to peak their biceps etc.

Sure at the start of an incline press the fibres higher up in the muscle start to fire first but by the end of the set if you reach failure almost all of the muscle will be firing to lift the weight. It's all genetics, some have wide sweeping pecs, fuller pecs at the top, some are fuller lower, some have tiny litle round pecs etc...The pec muscles can get bigger or smaller that is all, you cannot shape a muscle by isolating the inner, or lower pecs etc.

Question....If I gave one guy decline press only for a year and one guy incline would they both be walking around with bizarre shaped pecs ? Of course not they'd both just have bigger pecs and in the shape they have been genetically given.

Somebody who is more knowledgeable on the subject please feel free to pick apart what I have said but that is just stuff I have picked up from just researching forums over the years etc...

80 full press ups...don't think i could get anywhere near that right now! I will give it ago, i'm trying to improve my press ups (arms tucked into sides)

The thing i posted above is just abit of fun but it is a real struggle to complete the whole song!

boxingbrit

Grizzly, aint that mainly on the triceps?

I like doing the 'step ups' from press up position with the hands, just time the rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by boxingbrit View Post
    I like doing the 'step ups' from press up position with the hands, just time the rounds.
    Whats this then?

boxingbrit

Quote Originally Posted by DanCrase View Post
    Whats this then?
    You do em like you would step ups. I.e Press up position by a step, hands a close as thy can get. Step up with right hand, then left hand, then down with right hand, then left hand... then repeat but left first. Do 2, 3 or 5 minute rounds. Thats the basic version, there are loads of variations

Quote Originally Posted by boxingbrit View Post
    You do em like you would step ups. I.e Press up position by a step, hands a close as thy can get. Step up with right hand, then left hand, then down with right hand, then left hand... then repeat but left first. Do 2, 3 or 5 minute rounds. Thats the basic version, there are loads of variations
    Ah, gotcha. I'll give that a try

It does improve your triceps and pushing strengths immensly but it really develops your lower pectoral muscles, its great you should try it.. If you can't hit 80 or even 50 straight away, keep doing it... If you get 50 then drop on to your knees and get the final 30 out as female press ups, you still get the range of movement and is the best thing to do to push to muscle to oxygen debt and horrendous pain, thats the idea of training... the worse the pain, the more proteins you split, the better outcome in development.
    Taking this shit, one day at a time.