Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: korean kickboxing

Default korean kickboxing

hi im tryin to find a club in southwales ( bridgend ) for my stand up i come across a korean kickboxing my thoughts are its more teakwondo would this be benefical or should i try find differnt clubs ?
    thanks alot

Quote Originally Posted by heady View Post
    hi im tryin to find a club in southwales ( bridgend ) for my stand up i come across a korean kickboxing my thoughts are its more teakwondo would this be benefical or should i try find differnt clubs ?
    thanks alot
    Good at what they do mate but not great for MMA more points fighting .
    www.celticpridemartialarts.co.uk Semi Pro = 2-1 pro 1-0 2xWelsh muay thai champion

They do have a few good full contact fighters under the KMA banner now

Quote Originally Posted by d0ugbug View Post
    They do have a few good full contact fighters under the KMA banner now
    Im not saying they dont but they are originally a TKD club and therefore there bulk of fighters are semi contact fighters. I trained with them for 3 years which i did enjoy but like i said not suited to mma i dont use anything really in the cage that i lernt with them.My advice is find a good Muay Thai club
    www.celticpridemartialarts.co.uk Semi Pro = 2-1 pro 1-0 2xWelsh muay thai champion

Same, I trained with them for 3 years as well maybe a little longer. The majority of the clubs and fighters are points and semi as you said! They do have a full contact training class now and again but you would end up traveling out of bridgend to find it

If it's not very expensive then it might be worth doing, but I only shell out good money for what I really want to do.

I never much on my second choice.

Might be wrong but isn't Dan Hardy a Blackbelt in Taekwondo.

Quote Originally Posted by trips View Post
    Might be wrong but isn't Dan Hardy a Blackbelt in Taekwondo.
    yes and this is where he gets the edge over the other guys in the ufc.

And mark Weir and lots of other fighters but i bet none of them train it anymore. Im not knocking it buy the way i am also a high grade in tkd and Korean kickboxing but MUAY THAI ' BJJ & WRESLING are the main arts of MMA