Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: clan wars 4

Default clan wars 4

http://fight.ie/index.php?option=com...284&country=ie

was looking forward to the next clan wars, pitty some people dont appreciate a fight unless they stand and bang

Is Clan Wars 4 definately postponed then? If it is then at least it gives us chance to save up & come over again! LOL

Paul, could you speak to SK about getting some Clan Wars 3 pics up on here too?
    Last edited by mmamomma; 19-02-2010 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scruffni View Post
    http://fight.ie/index.php?option=com...284&country=ie

was looking forward to the next clan wars, pitty some people dont appreciate a fight unless they stand and bang

Hi mate,

Dont worry, the overall feedback was outstanding for the event, there was only a few who had relatively small negative comments about the amateur fights. The majority loved it though.

You can get the official report here and the personal views on the show from a guy who prob spends more time at events than he does at home, fighterpics photographer Sean Keating. On top of that I am sure mmamomma and Darren Sherlock will let you know her feelings on the show also

report is from Marc Turbitt, Daily Mirror -

Last August I reported on Clan Wars 2 and was overly impressed by the display of MMA I witnessed that night. The next in the series, Clan Wars 3, on the 12th Feb 2010 at the new Sense Nightclub at the Glenavon House Hotel in Cookstown, Co. Tyrone, certainly had a lot to live up to.

I knew Clan Wars 3 was going to be an improvement to the last show and speaking to Paul Mc Laughlin and Chris Tweed the Clan Wars promoters I knew they had put in a lot of time and effort into planning. Yet again the Clan Wars team comes up trumps on the professionalism and quality of the show, it’s no wonder they are getting the recognition with many of the top flight UK MMA magazines and have guys from all over Europe looking to get involved with this top event.

I will firstly start on the venue. The Glenavon House Hotel has done a great job on the refurbishment of the old nightclub. They have opened two levels and installed a top of the range sound and lighting system and have fully modernized the club. The new open levels makes the nightclub a perfect venue for MMA event as it has a cauldron effect with spectators looking onto the cage watching the competitors do battle. The venue have also installed a large state of the art LED screen over the dance floor which had a live mix from the four video cameras positioned around the cage operated by the professional P4TV filming crew who where flown in from England to record the show for the airing on LA muscle TV, sky Channel 281 where you will see some of the best MMA events on their Monday and Thursday Fight Night features from 9pm.

The large screen and professional mixing looked fantastic coupled with the fighters walk way which had the walk in arch, lights, smokes machines and flame effect blowers which wouldn’t have looked out of place on any of the bigger shows in the USA, the quality and small details Clan Wars put into their shows is what makes the show so special and its no surprise they have been approached by some of the UK’s top MMA magazines and fighters from all over Europe looking to compete at the show.

As well as the filming crew the Clan Wars promoters invited over the UK ’s leading sports photography team Fighterpics headed by Sean Keating. Sean spends most of his time traveling to shows up and down the country covering the professional photo shoots for some of the UK ’s biggest events. He has also been to America to cover shows in Madison Square Gardens , MGM Arena and many of the UFC shows. He is freshly home from his tour with no other than Mike Tyson to whom he was doing the photography for in November 2009. I got a chance at the show to speak to Sean and ask him what he thought of the show, he replied ‘Marc to be honest I am speechless about the high standard I have witnessed here tonight, I have covered hundreds of MMA, Boxing and Muay Thai events in my time but this is one of the best shows I have ever had the privilege of working on, very few shows leave me gob smacked or lost for words but these guys have put on a hell of a show! From the excellently matched fights to the productions value and to the down to earth attitude of the promoters these guys are going to go far!” This is a huge complement for the Clan Wars team coming from one of the most respected figures in the UK ’s MMA / Muay Thai /Boxing scene!

The fights themselves where fantastic, it was good to see some of the amateurs getting a run out at the start of the night to get the chance to fight in front of a capacity crowd. The headline Amateur fight was for the featherweight ISKA Amateur Irish Title between Joe Fry from the IFS gym in Antrim and Ryan Martin from the IMMA gym in Ballymena run by Rodney Moore. Ryan had done his homework and knew Joe was a fast submission fighter so tied the fight up well, Joe was unable to show his submission skills but put his Judo and wrestling to good use by controlling the fight in a dominant position and racking up the points with striking from side control.

Also invited as special guests to the show was the multiple BJJ World Champion Leo Negao and head instructor of the Urban Krav Maga street defence system and Senior BCA instructor Stewart Mc Gill. Leo and Stewart were called to the cage to present the title belt to Joe Fry with a load eruption of applause and cheering, the fans definitely appreciated the achievements of these two Martial Artists.

The C-class fights seen a step up in action with some excellent battles that went back and forward with excellent displays of well rounded MMA from good striking to great submissions.

After the C-class fights it was the chance for the Pro fighters to step up to the cage and show their skills, the Pro fighters were fighting with full pro rules which includes elbows on the ground. The first fight was the semi-final for the welterweight title between Richard Gorey from Kilkenny Top Pro and Mike Reid from Gracie Barra in Belfast . Richard Gorey was the favorite for this fight and probably the favorite to take the ISKA Pro Welterweight title with a perfect 4-0 record. This fight turned out to be fight of the night with it going back and forward with both striking and grappling, Mike Reid pulled off one of the best armbar reversals seen in a long time and managed to get back to his feet. This was a true battle although in the end Mike was able to capitalize from the mount and finish Gorey with Ground and pound!

The second semi-finals was between Mervyn Muholland from Juku Ryu Ju Jitsu in Larne against Mark Gibson from Elite 400 in Craigavon. This fight had all the markings for another war with the two fighters well up for it. The fight started with a flying knee from Mervyn to which Mark was able to dodge and secure a good takedown. Mark is a well-conditioned fighter and has strong wrestling but Mervyn is a strong grappler with slick submissions and caught Mark In an armbar to secure his place in the welterweight finals.

The final bout of the night seen the rematch between light weight fighters Alan Hannon from Combat Sports Centre Limerick against Darren Hughes from Sudden Impact in Magherafelt, this was a rematch for these two lads after a previous war a few years ago so both fighters were hungry for the win. This fight lived up to expectations also with it going back and forward with some awesome striking and ground skills, both guys were battered and bruised by the end of the contest. Darren Hughes hailed victor with a unanimous decision.

I mentioned before in the Clan Wars 2 report about the professionalism and high quality of the shows and asked Paul Mc Laughlin about this to which he replied “ We want to provide a professionally run event to promote Irish and UK MMA. We wanted to take it a step further and offer the highest standards in safety and quality, which we found through the ISKA. The ISKA have been doing Martial Arts events for decades and are world recognized. They have extremely tight health and safety regulations put in place for the safety of the fighters and for the quality of their shows ? this is the major factor that made us want to work along with the ISKA and the partnership has been working fantastic!’

The Clan Wars MMA event seems to have fantastic momentum and drive to keep improving and each event just keeps getting bigger and better. I’m looking forward to Clan Wars 4 already? something tells me its going to be the best so far!!

Thanks

P.S - Yea Clan Wars 4 is re-scheduled to August as we are in talks with a few companies who were at the show on friday night who were very impressed with what Clan Wars are doing so if it all works out well we will be in a position to up the professionalism again in August
    Last edited by IFS.NI; 19-02-2010 at 11:00 AM.
    CLUB : IFS
    STYLE : Urban Krav Maga (KRAV MMA)

INSTRUCTORS : Paul Mc Laughlin, Chris Tweed & Kru Colin Dunn under Stewart McGill and Former World BJJ Champion Leo Negao.

PROMOTION : Clan Wars

Quote Originally Posted by mmamomma View Post
    Is Clan Wars 4 definately postponed then? If it is then at least it gives us chance to save up & come over again! LOL

Paul, could you speak to SK about getting some Clan Wars 3 pics up on here too?
    Yea I seen Seans post and was hoping someone would let him know how to post his pictures up here as I am not the most technical on computers lol

INSTRUCTORS : Paul Mc Laughlin, Chris Tweed & Kru Colin Dunn under Stewart McGill and Former World BJJ Champion Leo Negao.

This is an independent review on Clan Wars 3 from one of the UK's top events photographers Sean Keating who has been all over the world capturing many MMA, kickboxing and Boxing events.

Sean Keatings personal thoughts of the Clan Wars 3 event ?

“This is getting ridiculous because I just want to blurt those two words out, "great show" around the clock. As a professional fight photographer who has been lucky enough to earn... the coveted blue vest of MGM ringside photographer Las Vegas, one also lucky enough to have rested my elbows on the ring canvas of Madison Square Garden NYC and I’ve lost count of all the truly spectacular title fights I have covered domestically I just have to say......... no scream out "Bloody awesome,you guys rock!"

Sorry about that but sometimes the Americans put something’s into context so much better. However what the Americans and everybody else has failed to do is leave me absolutely breathless. But you guys sure as hell did. Clan Wars 3 truly rocked everybody present to their core. From magnificent opening, lights, music and commentary....... god if I get started I’ll never stop. I defy anybody to attend a show so well matched, put together and seen through to the cheery farewell bid of the excellent security team at the very end of the night to not, have not, come away and be wishing, hoping, praying, demanding even that IFS N.I. get another Clan Wars on the go as soon as is humanly possible!

Sorry for the manic rant but if this is the measure of how domestic MMA is going then a lot of other fight combat sports should be sat on the pot sh*tting themselves about now.

Great job you guys and remember " Awesome job,you guys rock!"

sean keating

fighterpics/p4p event photography.

Cheers for that Paul, looks like we could make it back over in August if you'll have us? Would it be at the Glenavon Hotel again? That was a really good venue & it was great for us all to chill out in the pool before the fights in the evening....of course all the lads had to try the famous BJ Penn jumping out of the pool & failed miserably! LOL

Great reviews by both Sean & Marc, it was truly a great show with a great fight card & run very professionally.

Hope we can get some of the pics up......

Quote Originally Posted by mmamomma View Post
    Cheers for that Paul, looks like we could make it back over in August if you'll have us? Would it be at the Glenavon Hotel again? That was a really good venue & it was great for us all to chill out in the pool before the fights in the evening....of course all the lads had to try the famous BJ Penn jumping out of the pool & failed miserably! LOL

Great reviews by both Sean & Marc, it was truly a great show with a great fight card & run very professionally.

Hope we can get some of the pics up......
    Hi Michelle,

You guys are welcome over any time!

Clan Wars 4 will be held in the bigger venue of the Armagh City Hotel, Conference Centre. This will be another good hotel for you guys to be able to chill out in

Sean has mailed me the disc of the photos today so when they arrive I should be able to upload them!

Thanks for the kind words,

Paul

Absolutely awesome show, looking forwards to having your guys over for Fight Ikon 14th March and hope we can get matched and support your next show. Great venue, great fights, great attention to detail!

and might I add that I was one of 2 of us that suceeded to do the BJ Penn jump out of the pool trick!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    and might I add that I was one of 2 of us that suceeded to do the BJ Penn jump out of the pool trick!!!

The baby pool doesnt count mate haha

Quote Originally Posted by IFS.NI View Post
    The baby pool doesnt count mate haha
    LMAO!!!! Nice one Paul