Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: clan wars 4

Quote Originally Posted by scruffni View Post
    Some good scraps on this.
    Yea just a few lol

The top 4 pro fights imo would be a worthy head line on any card.

Theres also the grudge rematch of tim mc crory and John Redmond which has been highly talked about.

Mike Nicholls, Cage Wars veteran returning to the cage,

One of the fights I have also been looking forward to is Bogusz 'Scar Face' Pochylski v the very tough Conor Dillion from Brazilain Top Team - these guys are both savage fighters, this will be a tear up and will probably end very quickly with one of them K.O'ed.

Also the Commonwealth title will be Joe Freys toughest fight to date against Matt Maguire with 19 fights, theres Aaron Flynn facing off against the Sam Ferguson from the Colluseum gym which again will be a tough fight for both guys,

If I was asked which I thought would be the fight of the night to be honest I couldnt pick one, theres alot of top fights on there
    CLUB : IFS
    STYLE : Urban Krav Maga (KRAV MMA)

INSTRUCTORS : Paul Mc Laughlin, Chris Tweed & Kru Colin Dunn under Stewart McGill and Former World BJJ Champion Leo Negao.

PROMOTION : Clan Wars

What's the score with the lw fights on this card? Has one of the semis been canceled?

Was good to see the flyers out at cage contender last night, nice to see people not afriad of a bit of competition.

Quote Originally Posted by scruffni View Post
    What's the score with the lw fights on this card? Has one of the semis been canceled?

Was good to see the flyers out at cage contender last night, nice to see people not afriad of a bit of competition.
    Hi Scruff,

Yes mate, late last week one of Dom Mc Connells relatives passed away so he had to pull, Hugh Brady was having family trouble also so the news of Dom pulling out i suppose was the final straw for him as he wasnt mentally ready with some personal issues.

With the 2 lw guys pulling out it now leaves Darren Hughes and Peter Duncan for the LW ISKA title.

This means there will be a welterweight and Light weight Irish ISKA final in 2 weeks plus joes comonwealth title!

As for the flyers, we have been friendly with John and the other promotions from the start,John kindly invited us to come down and flyer the event which we accepted, everyone helps each other out and we all talk regularly, any of the promoters I have dealt with in the past have been all sound and easy to work with which is great for the progress of Irish MMA and fighters

INSTRUCTORS : Paul Mc Laughlin, Chris Tweed & Kru Colin Dunn under Stewart McGill and Former World BJJ Champion Leo Negao.

Very best of luck with this show guys, I have no doubt if will be an awesome night with an amazing fight card.
    I know how hard you guys work on this show & like last time it will pay off, the first Clan Wars was still to date one of the best shows I've been to.

Good luck to Joe in his title fight...that kid is gonna go far!

Really sorry we can't make it over this time but hopefully we'll see you over here in September for the next Ikon.

Quote Originally Posted by mmamomma View Post
    Very best of luck with this show guys, I have no doubt if will be an awesome night with an amazing fight card.
    I know how hard you guys work on this show & like last time it will pay off, the first Clan Wars was still to date one of the best shows I've been to.

Good luck to Joe in his title fight...that kid is gonna go far!

Really sorry we can't make it over this time but hopefully we'll see you over here in September for the next Ikon.
    Thanks Michelle, I appreciate your kind words

Yea Stephen is booked in for Fight Ignite now so we will be booking flights this week (well someone else will as I am a tad busy at the minute lol)

Hopefully get Joe and a few other on too,

See you then

Cheers

Paul

Good luck on Sunday, can't make it as out of the country. But hope it all goes well and can't wait to next one

Clan Wars 4 last night was outstanding and we are pleased to announce 2 new Irish ISKA Champions and a Commonwealth amateur champion!-

Mike Reid (Gracie Barra) ISKA Irish WW Champion

Peter Duncan (Chum Sut) ISKA Irish LW Champion

Joe Frey (IFS) ISKA Amateur Commonwealth Champion

MAIN EVENT WW IRISH TITLE 77kg PRO A
    Mike Reid (Gracie Barra) v Merv Muholland (IFS)

Mike Reid won via TKO GnP

LW 70kg PRO A
    Peter Duncan (Chum Sut) v Darren Hughes (Sudden Impact)

Peter Duncan won by TKO Strikes

WW 77kg PRO A
    Neysden Santos (BST lanzarote) v John Donnelly (Ryano)

John Donnelly winner- Unanimous Decision

CATCHWEIGHT 90kg PRO B
    Wojtek Antczak (Husaria FT) v Michael Nicholls (Mourne MMA)

Wojtek, winner - Triangle

MW 84kg PRO B
    Tim Mc Crory (Kyoujin MMA) v John Redmond (RUSH)

John Redmond winner - Corner Stoppage

LW 70kg PRO B
    Bogusz Pochylski (Husaria Fight Team) v Connor Dillon (Brazilian Top Team)

Connor Dillon DQ - Illegal Headbutt

ISKA COMMONWEALTH AMATEUR 66kg TITLE
    Matt Maguire (Andy Nugent JKD) v Joe Frey (IFS)

Joe Frey winner - Unanimous Decision

C CLASS WW 77kg
    Aaron Flynn (Dog pound) V Sam Ferguson (Coliseum)

Sam Ferguson winner via Darce

C CLASS MW 84kg
    Ben Forsythe (Legends MMA) V Khristoff Plona (Lucan MMA)

Draw

C CLASS Catch weight 73kg
    Joe Colgan (Chum Sut) v Warren Mitchell (extreme fighters)

Winner Joe Colgan armbar

C CLASS LW 77kg
    Gary Carlin (Evolve) v Michael Townsley (Extreme Fighters)

Gary Carlin Winner - TKO Knees

D Class WW 77kg
    Conor Mc Guickian (IMMA) v Stephen Owens (IFS)

Stephen Owens winner - Armbar

Congrats to Paul & the guys at IFS on another great MMA show! Sounds like a blast as always, a well run & very professional show, gutted we missed this one but will be back for the next.

Huge congrats to Joe on his Commonwealth title, there is no stopping that little dude & one of the nicest guys you could meet!
    Also congrats to Stephen Owens & Sam Ferguson on their wins, well done guys

Will see you all at Fight Ignite, watch out Preston....IFS are on their way!!! lol