Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone had bad depression?

"chin up,
    when i am feeling down, i have some beans on toast and you tube badgers,
    badgers are healing creatures! they always make me smile.

but seriously bro, there is always some one worse off than you!
    haiti, new orleans, manchester, come on dude give us a smile! "

There is a huge difference between being a bit sad and being profoundly depressed. Clinical depression is not simple sadness. It is more like an oppressive state of misery. Unfortunately in everyday conversation we use the same word (depression) to cover everything from beign under the weather to stuporose or suicidal

I used to be a psychiatric nurse and there is a history of depression in my family, in case anyone is wondering where I'm coming from
    Last edited by Shaolin Exile; 20-02-2010 at 08:50 PM.
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

Troll hater.

Never nin in nuthouse and cant cus i got 7wk old boy and misses...im not insane or anything but psychiatrist offered me medication as soon as we started chattin 1st meeting..i said no....i thought i was bi polar as i was seeing shadows and stuff..its starting again or just got more intense...i am waiting 4 anger managment now aswell as mental health nurse i saw has referred me...i dont have acromegaly i was told last friday by doctor in oxford but now im told i have hypoglycemia which dropped to 2.4 after administering glucose in ogtt in oxford..i also recieved phone call the sameday from my physio as my neurologist ordered a full spine mri scan...she said i have shumans 'spelling' disease...curvature of the spine...it hurts in my chest like a trapped nerve down left ribs...pains unreal sumtimes...atleast i know what i have as that was the last scan or anything the docs could have ever done 4 me...they all thought i was hyperchondriac and i think my family thought that aswell...5yrs of this shit and now im depressed from it all...plus it hit me hard '''the word disease of the spine.''
    I'm done with chasin trolls

Dont be scared Homie Plastikman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simmy View Post
    Never nin in nuthouse and cant cus i got 7wk old boy and misses...im not insane or anything but psychiatrist offered me medication as soon as we started chattin 1st meeting..i said no....i thought i was bi polar as i was seeing shadows and stuff..its starting again or just got more intense...i am waiting 4 anger managment now aswell as mental health nurse i saw has referred me...i dont have acromegaly i was told last friday by doctor in oxford but now im told i have hypoglycemia which dropped to 2.4 after administering glucose in ogtt in oxford..i also recieved phone call the sameday from my physio as my neurologist ordered a full spine mri scan...she said i have shumans 'spelling' disease...curvature of the spine...it hurts in my chest like a trapped nerve down left ribs...pains unreal sumtimes...atleast i know what i have as that was the last scan or anything the docs could have ever done 4 me...they all thought i was hyperchondriac and i think my family thought that aswell...5yrs of this shit and now im depressed from it all...plus it hit me hard '''the word disease of the spine.''
    Glad to hear you're doing well man.
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

is this becuz of doin MMA?
    30% Discount on Dianabol When you enter promotional code : R01DR4GE at bouncecup.com

Troll hater.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastikman View Post
    Glad to hear you're doing well man.
    Thanx mate...Much betta after knowing whats wrong..

Troll hater.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperKlinch View Post
    is this becuz of doin MMA?
    no its a problem tat occurs during teenage years and puberty growth spurts..

Get some help depression isn't something to ignore, I wouldn't worry about what other people think looking after yourself comes first

I think if youve got a reason to be depressed then its a natural state of affairs for us emotionally driven humans to be so.However if your Robbie Williams etc and your depressed,then your a cunt.Happiness is not our natural state,it has little value in evolutionary terms as it promotes inersia. Dont feel bad about being depressed Simmy,life is shit cos its meant to be.
    "My God is a squirrel called Norman,hes got arms like Popeye"
    Bullbreed rescue and rehoming.PM for more info.

not being checky but some stroids drive me nuts i use to take valium to carm down they always did the trick mate
    HQ washington vale tudo

Shit mate sounds like your not having a good time, i feel for you dude as it cant be easy on your family seeing you in such a way.

Keep your head up simmy and just try and be positive for your newborn baby mate and hopefully life will take a better turn for you pal.