Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Training with a broken nose?

Question Training with a broken nose?

Is there Any way i can train BJJ around this? Broke it today at Muay Thai, quite badly.

Could i perhaps tape it down? or something.... I rarely get hit in the nose in BJJ anyway, and not really botherd if my nose goes mishapen, iv already broke it once before...

Anyone have any experiance of this?

I really dont wanna lose 4-5 weeks of training as i was training for a fight.

Cheers
    This is not a gif. It is an actual video of Fedor doing infinate press ups.
    3-0-0

As long as you can breathe through it ok, it's not bleeding heavily and you make sure you're careful about getting any open wounds infected, I think it should be fine to train with it.

I can't see any possible problems. I have trained with broken toes and fingers without too much difficulty (fingers can be a bit awkward though).
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

You might not get hit but there will be plenty of incidental contact. I'd Advise against it

I can sorta breath through one nostril, reckon taping it would do anything?

I dot wanna bleed on the mat tbh, i dont really mind about it not setting right, or it hurting. Its mashed behond measures already, i just dont wanna stop training
    3-0-0

Quote Originally Posted by Jak-TapouT- View Post
    Is there Any way i can train BJJ around this? Broke it today at Muay Thai, quite badly.

Could i perhaps tape it down? or something.... I rarely get hit in the nose in BJJ anyway, and not really botherd if my nose goes mishapen, iv already broke it once before...

Anyone have any experiance of this?

I really dont wanna lose 4-5 weeks of training as i was training for a fight.

Cheers
    How did it happen? Punch or teap or knee?

You could try headgear with a face protector to protect the nose in grappling.

Just my 2 cents, but if it were me I'd have it fixed by the doctor.

You'll be out for a month or so but you'll be able to breath ace after it, and your bridge will be a lot smaller, and way harder to break again.

If you leave it all smashed up it'll just keep smashing over and over and end up more of a hinderance and you'll look like Olaf Alfonso. Also, you'll have trouble sleeping when you hit middle age and you'll snore like a bastard and keep your poor wife/husband awake.

Ever so slightly mental illegalhunter's Avatar

I had mine broke rolling on a Thursday night. On the Saturday competed in a bjj comp , rebroke the fucker single legging my semi final apponent.Got disqualified for bleeding like a stuck pig on the mat.
    They guy who invented Burpees , is a secret child molester

Quote Originally Posted by BruceLeeMMAfighting.net View Post
    How did it happen? Punch or teap or knee?

You could try headgear with a face protector to protect the nose in grappling.
    Well i shot in for a take down..... and woke up in a pool of blood with people shouting.

I think he went for a kick as i shot in, and i took a shin to the face. I dont really remember much other than thinking "Shit i better take him down, his stand up his good" Then waking up saying "Shit, someones bleeding on my arm"

Quote Originally Posted by Atlasmma View Post
    Just my 2 cents, but if it were me I'd have it fixed by the doctor.

You'll be out for a month or so but you'll be able to breath ace after it, and your bridge will be a lot smaller, and way harder to break again.

If you leave it all smashed up it'll just keep smashing over and over and end up more of a hinderance and you'll look like Olaf Alfonso. Also, you'll have trouble sleeping when you hit middle age and you'll snore like a bastard and keep your poor wife/husband awake.
    I dont wanna really spend a whole month out tho tbh, ill go see them tomorrow and get an opinion on how bad it is.
    Last edited by Jak-TapouT-; 22-02-2010 at 11:44 PM.
    3-0-0

Just think how often your face and nose gets scuffed in BJJ, I'd say do the drills and stuff just skip the sparring!
    Chris Foran
    Premier Fight Team www.premier-mma.com
    Roger Gracie Academy www.rogergracie.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nawk Soo Cow View Post
    Just think how often your face and nose gets scuffed in BJJ, I'd say do the drills and stuff just skip the sparring!
    Good call, probably my best bet. Cheers dude.
    3-0-0