Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Training with a broken nose?

know how you feel mate, i've poped a disc out of my back doing judo now i cant even do drills in BJJ, really really sucks only tryed judo to improve my stand up now i cant train at all for at least a month.

anyway do the drills mate and skip the sparring, or try doing flow sparring.
    "Death and pain are just a small price to pay for the enjoyment of battle!"

steve_langford

Rest until it heals. At most I would do a light warm up and stretch and work on flexibility. A broken is no joke. Trust me. One knock and your back to square one

If I broke my nose personally I would leave it alone for a while.I think your nose will start to bleed quickly in sparring so you would have to stop anyway.Go to train for the drills and techniques etc but i would'nt sparr with it.
    Wait and see how you feel and maybe test the water 'lightly' but I think steve langford is right in saying that it will start to bleed and will take longer to heal.This is what happend to me when your so keen to keep training your injury ends up persisting and perhaps cause you hassles later down the line cause it hasn't healed properly.Is it worth it?I always rest up properly.

Do you guys train with broken fingers/toes?
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

I re-started BJJ last week and for my first class some guy nearly broke my nose, he actually broke/displaced the cartilage and didn't fracture the nose (will know more on thursday) but he clearly didn't break the bone fortunately for me. The "crack" noise was scary though...

With a real broken nose I would also advise against training, it's better to invest one month off and then be fine than to make things worse. I don't see how you could think that it's worth training with a broken nose except if you are fighting for for belt at the next UFC ! Moreover I am not your oponents will feel very comfortable !

I would defo still train with a broken nose. I would choose my training partners wisely though.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

wear the metal mask

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    Do you guys train with broken fingers/toes?
    I do, its gotta be real serious to stop me training, in BJJ at least. Stand up lessons has beens skipped due to injury a few times, but BJJ i tend to go through rolls of tape like underwear.

Broken big toe is by far the hardest and most painful thing to train around in BJJ i found.
    This is not a gif. It is an actual video of Fedor doing infinate press ups.
    3-0-0

Quote Originally Posted by Jak-TapouT- View Post
    I do, its gotta be real serious to stop me training, in BJJ at least. Stand up lessons has beens skipped due to injury a few times, but BJJ i tend to go through rolls of tape like underwear.

Broken big toe is by far the hardest and most painful thing to train around in BJJ i found.
    I hear that! My big toe disloacted a while back and it still doesn't take much to aggravate it. You don't realise how much you use your big toes grappling until you inure one. I trained with a broken metatarsal for ages, no problem, but the big toe fucked me over.

It litteraly obliterates your base dont it!

makes butterfly guard pretty useless.
    This is not a gif. It is an actual video of Fedor doing infinate press ups.
    3-0-0