Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: T

Default T

Lets all waste time and talk about manly things to do. Pickin ya nose in public, scratchin ya balls, slappin ya missus, tellin gay jokes, you manly men out there know what im talkin about.
    Last edited by sjharvey; 22-02-2010 at 10:07 PM.

combing my manly beard
    ICON Jiu Jitsu

The only bars i go to are Arm Bars, Knee Bars and a Mars Bar

I have no wish to waste time, time is one of the seven fundamental physical quantities in the International System of Units. it is very useful in the measuring of other quantities like velocity.

i could be persuaded to spend time in a less productive manner than usual if the topic at hand was intriguing or mirthful.

This thread has not yet delivered on either front unlike the threads and posts of Frakes whom you intended to mock.

I will however add something interesting in the hope of generating conversation:

Did you know that many old (ancient) Vases and pots carry a recording of the voices of their makers?

When the pot was still on the wheel, a groove was added by holding a branch to the pot as it spins, and the vibrations of a voice or indeed any noise in the vicinity are forever cut into the groove of the item.

and in just the same way as a vinyl record works, the pot can be 'played' to here the long dead voices of our ancient past. cool huh?

Quote Originally Posted by blackdogmma View Post
    I have no wish to waste time, time is one of the seven fundamental physical quantities in the International System of Units. it is very useful in the measuring of other quantities like velocity.

i could be persuaded to spend time in a less productive manner than usual if the topic at hand was intriguing or mirthful.

This thread has not yet delivered on either front unlike the threads and posts of Frakes whom you intended to mock.

I will however add something interesting in the hope of generating conversation:

Did you know that many old (ancient) Vases and pots carry a recording of the voices of their makers?

When the pot was still on the wheel, a groove was added by holding a branch to the pot as it spins, and the vibrations of a voice or indeed any noise in the vicinity are forever cut into the groove of the item.

and in just the same way as a vinyl record works, the pot can be 'played' to here the long dead voices of our ancient past. cool huh?
    Hell yeas man!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    No longer playing World of Warcraft. Goodbye fond memories
    FUCK THE ALLIANCE

A manly and august report on the ancient pot.

Trolling Frakes is like appearing on University Challenge, you will suffer defeat but will learn a valiant fact along the way.
    I am number 1, because Picard says so.

Ask Frakes!

Do you know a Fridgeless Fail? Send them HERE!

Laying the foundations for an end of year CW forum award (the science one)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRabbit View Post
    Laying the foundations for an end of year CW forum award (the science one)
    But will anyone remember my valiant attempts to educate the noobs by the end of the year?

perhaps i should save my fascinating facts for november!

“Haymaker” meaning “powerful punch” harks back to the actual process of harvesting hay in the age of the scythe. The scythe, a long, curved blade on a long crooked handle, is wielded with a broad, swinging stroke. (A “sickle” is a similar but smaller blade on a short handle.) It takes a surprising amount of strength to use a scythe, and a farmhand accustomed to the chore would have a fearsome punch. Thus “haymaker,” which back in the 1400s simply meant “one who harvests and gathers hay,” came to mean, by the early 20th century, a devastating punch delivered with the same broad, powerful swing used in harvesting hay.
    Actually there is no way I can match BlackDogmas post. It was more valient than a thousand Suns setting over a T in a river
    Last edited by ShaolinSubz02; 23-02-2010 at 12:15 PM.

A fascinating study on the common side-blotched lizards has shown three distinct different social group seperated by colour markings on the throat. orange yellow and blue.

Orange throated males are very aggressive, they steal territory, and chase away other males, find a home and stand at the mouth of their hole and push a harem of females into his home as they pass to mate with.

Yellow throated males are so similar to females that the orange throated males cant tell the difference and will often force the yellow throated male into his harem so that he (the yellow throat) can impregnate the females within, while the orange throated male unwittingly stands guard outside.

Blue throated males tend to be smaller than Orange throated males, but always work in a co-operative pair, one guarding the entrance to the hole and the other mating with the females, in this way even if a yellow throated male does get in, he has no window of opportunity to mate with the females as they are never left alone.

this paper-rock-scissors system ensure that no one method can ensure dominance, if during one cycle orange throats started to become dominate by chasing away the blues, yellows would find it easier to mate the following cycle and in turn this would lead to an increase in the effectiveness of the blue throated method, so an equilibrium is quickly reached.

fascinatingly, similar behaviour can be observed in human males.

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanFrakes View Post
    A manly and august report on the ancient pot.

Trolling Frakes is like appearing on University Challenge, you will suffer defeat but will learn a valiant fact along the way.
    I would suggest that the thread starter 'sjharvey' is more universally challenged than university challenge material.

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/