Thread: Advice, moving + new job etc

Default Advice, moving + new job etc

Okay, so I'm unsure why I'm posting this here but:

I'm basically looking to move to another city, but it's so hard trying to find another job. I'm literally crawling through job sites, spamming apply to everything I can find relating to IT.

I dont want to leave my current job without finding another one as... well it doesnt make sense. It's going to be harder to get another job elsewhere as I'm not "local" and I know that's always a key factor that recruiters/employers look for.

So what do I do? Keep applying to everything on jobsites? Save up some money, move then hope I can find something before I run out of cash? What would you do?

Find a job locally where there's an option to transfer. I work admin at a supermarket at the minute. I've been offered some better jobs locally but I'm keeping this one because I'm going to transfer to Bristol this year. Then you can look for a better job in your new location with with security of actually already being employed there

Either that or go on the dole and desperately search for a job there. It's a bit risky is you ask me.

Yeah I'm not a fan of going on the dole (no offense to anyone who is on it). I suppose my only option is to just keep at it and hope someone deems me worthy.

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Yeah I'm not a fan of going on the dole (no offense to anyone who is on it). I suppose my only option is to just keep at it and hope someone deems me worthy.
    Where's Jono?
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

Quote Originally Posted by CraigSt.Clair View Post
    Where's Jono?
    lol..

still in bed at his mums probably

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Okay, so I'm unsure why I'm posting this here but:

I'm basically looking to move to another city, but it's so hard trying to find another job. I'm literally crawling through job sites, spamming apply to everything I can find relating to IT.

I dont want to leave my current job without finding another one as... well it doesnt make sense. It's going to be harder to get another job elsewhere as I'm not "local" and I know that's always a key factor that recruiters/employers look for.

So what do I do? Keep applying to everything on jobsites? Save up some money, move then hope I can find something before I run out of cash? What would you do?
    You've got a PM....