Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Refurbished DSLR's

I bought a brand new nikkon d40, which is great in my opinion, got it cheap ish, cos the d60 or whatever came out. however just after the warranty ran out the motor in the auto focus lense went, so i would have no hesitation buying a second hand one as its probably going to break at some point any way.

Cameraworld do alot of second hand and refurbished gear. Plus you can play about with all the equipment in shop and get them to put lenses on the bodies.

I also suggest signing up to photography forums, i am with quite a few and have brought alot of gear through members. Plus if your lucky you will get some great prices from company affiliation with the forums.
    Looking for debut mma fight. And Muay thai and kickboxing fights. 6ft1 93kg.

Xbox Gamer Tag : Ameteur Weasel

http://www.evolutionfightwear.co.uk
    http://teamryu.webeden.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by widge milward View Post
    cheers dude, had a look round the site, some good deals on there.

Looking for a 50mm/f1.4 for a Nikon but no luck
    Are you dead set on a .4? The .8 has favourable reviews, but not built quite as well and would be had for much cheaper.

What body are you running as well Widge, iirc the AF-D doesn't run on 3 of the Nikon entry level DSLR bodies.

"The UK's Lyoto Machida - Hit and Run, Baby" widge milward's Avatar

only running a D60, apparently according to the fella in the photography they will both run fine, but the 1.8 wont autofocus, so will have to save for the 1.4 which will.

I was reading an article the other day though basically saying autofocus s bad form and you should aim to us manual as much as possible. :\
    You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get

Team Colosseum

I forgot to add, I meant they won't do autofocus, not fail to function at all. But you knew that anyway!!!

Well, was the article concentrating on any particular area? I am pretty sure most sports journalists would disagree for there given field.

"The UK's Lyoto Machida - Hit and Run, Baby" widge milward's Avatar

yeah it was geared towards nature etc, its obviously BS, spoke to a couple of people about it and obviously it wouldnt suit shooting most subjects.
    You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get

Team Colosseum

I shoot quite alot of people (static) and do mostly manually focus, but only because I have the time in which to do so.

Have you looked at rental mate? Obviously not an option if you want to shoot reguarly with n lense, but I do rent quite alot when I know I have shoots coming up which will benefit from better glass. And not my collection which I have kept a hold of since the stone age! I'd love a 24-105 f/4L but I have other things to buy before it.

http://www.lenspimp.com/category/Sta...0mm_f14G_AF-S/ (deposit is optional, insurance is bought instead (cheap!))
    Last edited by bean; 01-03-2010 at 11:13 AM.

I've bought quite a few lenses from ebay and various forums and never had a problem at all.
    Yo Rashad - do you want fries with that?