Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should be starting mma at the weekend, any tips?

Hybrid View

Default Should be starting mma at the weekend, any tips?

hey, basically this weekend i will finally be started mma hopefully... just wanted to ask if anyone has some tips for a beginner?

I'm 6ft 2 and 75kg, don't really know what to expect so yea lol

cheers

Banned

Firstly, type up as many excuses you can think off, for when you can't be assed training.

e.g your shorts are dirty ect...

Follow my advice and you will win for sure.

hense my unbeaten record!
    Last edited by pauljono1120; 01-03-2010 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pauljono1120 View Post
    Firstly, type up as many excuses you can think off, for when you can't be assed training.

e.g your shorts are dirty ect...

Follow my advice and you will win for sure.

hense my unbeaten record!

lol, don't think my excuse would be smoking and drinking like yours And lol... we've been friends for what a year and you just realized i am the same guy on msn, nice!

Try not to pull guard if head shots are involved !
    Chris Foran
    Premier Fight Team www.premier-mma.com
    Roger Gracie Academy www.rogergracie.com

Banned

Hahah nah there shit excuses!

My best one is "im having my tea" "my shorts are dirty"

Even got a t shit made by pro fighter Jamie Taylor as proof!

Lmao Paul!

I have no experience mma training, but I do BJJ twice a week. and muay thai 4 times a week.

Put as much effort in as possible mate, the more you put in, the more you get out of it at the end. Don't cut corners and or do it half arsed. It will impress the instructor when he sees your not there to mess about.

Listen very intently, if your not sure of how to do something, ASK! The instructor is there to help, rather than go through and do it how you want to do it, just listen, try it, and ask if your not sure. Better off learning it right the first time.

Have fun, its there to enjoy, don't think about it too much, ^^you probably knew these anyway, just to re-iterate them and make sure you get the most out of it. Everyone was knew once, and as long as you do the above, you'll be fine pal.

Don't listen to Paul Jono He's undergoing proffesional mental help.
    How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies

Quote Originally Posted by corky View Post
    hey, basically this weekend i will finally be started mma hopefully... just wanted to ask if anyone has some tips for a beginner?

I'm 6ft 2 and 75kg, don't really know what to expect so yea lol

cheers
    Your lanky so learn to kick alot
    If size mattered, the elephant would be the king of the jungle, The mind is like a parachute -- it works best when it is open." - Rickson Gracie

Quote Originally Posted by TheMonk!! View Post
    Your lanky so learn to kick alot
    Funny, a friend just phoned asking if i wanted to try out a new kick boxing class lol!

Quote Originally Posted by corky View Post
    Funny, a friend just phoned asking if i wanted to try out a new kick boxing class lol!
    Yea you should do kickboxing and mauy Thai we have this 6 foot 5 about 70kg lad in our gym and he jus blasts everyone with his kicks and knees it looks good to watch
    If size mattered, the elephant would be the king of the jungle, The mind is like a parachute -- it works best when it is open." - Rickson Gracie

Tap if you get caught.