Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attn ISKA UK People

Default Attn ISKA UK People

Got a few Q's as i've noticed you guys have been busy as late.

1 (a). Who sanctions ISKA British/UK (MMA) Title Fights. Is there a body who does this, or is it up to the individual promoter to chose the guys who are fighting for the Titles.

1 (b) If the IKSA UK sanctions and chooses the Title Fights from their central body. Are you then looking to get the best UK MMA fighters to fight for your Titles.

1 (c) What are the conditions for the Title fights. IS their set pay, rounds, rules, tests, membership requirements.

2. Say a UK fighter wins an ISKA World Title in another country (e.g. Yank land) Could that fighter be forced to defend that Title in an ISKA UK event for considerably less money and be stripped if that fighter then refuses.

Thanks for your time

Ian
    Last edited by iandean; 01-03-2010 at 11:15 PM.

steve_langford

Have you supplied any fighters to a ISKA sanctioned event yet Ian??

Quote Originally Posted by kainer2 View Post

1 (a). Who sanctions ISKA British/UK (MMA) Title Fights. Is there a body who does this, or is it up to the individual promoter to chose the guys who are fighting for the Titles.

1 (b) If the IKSA UK sanctions and chooses the Title Fights from their central body. Are you then looking to get the best UK MMA fighters to fight for your Titles.

1 (c) What are the conditions for the Title fights. IS their set pay, rounds, rules, tests, membership requirements.

2. Say a UK fighter wins an ISKA World Title in another country (e.g. Yank land) Could that fighter be forced to defend that Title in an ISKA UK event for considerably less money and be stripped if that fighter then refuses.

Thanks for your time

Ian
    Ian ,
    Ring Paul Henessey on ....
    Mick Fowles on ....

Or better still get in touch with the MMA Director Lee Hasdell.
    Last edited by iandean; 03-03-2010 at 12:24 PM. Reason: dont put people's numbers on forum..
    Looking for K-1 Kickboxers ALL Levels 26th Feb

I'm just trying to start a debate

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

So are ISKA sanctioning MMA now?
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

Thanks for your time

Ian
    I'm not an 'ISKA person' but do use them to sanction my show Fight Ikon.
    So will try and answer but please don't take as gospel.
    1a. I've not had any title matches on my show yet but saw one in NI a couple of weeks ago which was sanctioned by ISKA UK. This was an Irish title though not British, Lee can probably answer that one.

1b. I would say any promoter is looking for the best fighters for titles but it is down to fighters/gyms to put them forwards. Aside from rankings (which I don't think are that developed yet but will over time) title shots can go to anybody who is seen a contender same as Brock Lesner went for a UFC world title after 3 mma fights! That kind of sets the standard for all as an MMA record doesn't always relate to fight experience when you count other disciplines.

1c. Title fights have standard 5x5, unified rules etc. but these would vary from country to country just the same as they do in any organisation that opperates in mulitiple countries. Pay is down to the promoter and varies according to individual negotiation just the same as any pro fighter would in say UFC.

2. I've no idea on this one but an interesting question. If someone challenges you to your title in an underdeveloped country for 50p purse would you do it!!!

I got a call and an email from ISKA Fight Force wanting an -84kg fighter to fight Johnny Gillan (who?) for the title on 2nd May for £800. After some research Johnny Gillan was a rude kickboxer I had met a couple of weeks previous!

With that, I had just the guy... Roger Gracie's first black belt student Nic Gregoriades, when I put this forward to them they were well up for it. I then got an e mail saying Nic was from South Africa and couldn’t fight for a British title, my guess was they found out who Nic was and didn’t fancy ‘another’ loss on Gillans record. Anyway I replied, if that’s the only issue, Nic is a UK citizen and is ok to fight, perfect right?
    Wrong! They came back to me and still didn’t want to take the fight because Nic hasn’t fought mma before. Nic as a very well accomplished grappler with a record of 1-0-0 in mma (Gillan is only 1-2-0), so it’s ok to fight right? Wrong!!!!!!

I’ve just seen the event poster, Gillan is matched against someone else with no contact from them to me.

My research shows Gillan has a hand in the match making and is clearly an ISKA paper champion.......
    Last edited by Nawk Soo Cow; 07-03-2010 at 08:04 PM. Reason: quoted wrong person!
    Chris Foran
    Premier Fight Team www.premier-mma.com
    Roger Gracie Academy www.rogergracie.com

Chris, Fight Force UK is not ISKA Fight Force. ISKA are the sanctioning body to enable the event to run in a safe and regulated manner to help with the progression of MMA in the UK. This is unlike a recent WTKA amateur event I believe you were part of the team that organised the event to which there was many areas of safety concern, for example when two of the fighters fell out of the 3 roped ring!

As Darren Sherlock has said above - 1b. I would say any promoter is looking for the best fighters for titles but it is down to fighters/gyms to put them forwards.

I have contacted fighters, mangers and gyms as you know to see what Middleweights are possibly available for a title fight. You may appreciate it takes time for people to get back as I am sure you are aware fighters have busy schedules and some already have commitments, so due to this no decision has been made yet regarding all fights that will take place at the event as to who will fight who.

As for Johnny Gillan I’m not sure how you came to the conclusion that he has been matched for a fight as the poster does not state this! I can only assume that you are referring to Mahmood Besherate whom is also on the poster.

Mahmood is a Bantamweight and as I stated above it takes time, so finalisations to his opponent are currently being dealt with. For the record I would like to reiterate that Johnny Gillan is not due to fight Mahmood.

As you have been researching then I assume you know Johnny Gillan is local to the event location and will move many tickets and once again I am sure you are aware tickets need to move to enable a show to function so that all fighters have a full and captive audience.

I wouldn’t say he has any hand in the matchmaking, he is just simply aiding Fight force UK in contacts that he may have so that we can hopefully match fighters to be part of what we hope will be an enjoyable and rewarding evening for all those involved with a passion for MMA.
    Next Event - Fight Force 1 - Sunday May 2nd 2010
    Whitwick, Leicestershire.
    Tickets on sale now

FIGHT FORCE UK

www.fightforce.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Pet View Post
    Chris, Fight Force UK is not ISKA Fight Force. ISKA are the sanctioning body to enable the event to run in a safe and regulated manner to help with the progression of MMA in the UK. This is unlike a recent WTKA amateur event I believe you were part of the team that organised the event to which there was many areas of safety concern, for example when two of the fighters fell out of the 3 roped ring!
    First of all I was NOT a part of the team that organised the Amateur event, I helped out with reffing on the day!

I wouldn’t say he has any hand in the matchmaking, he is just simply aiding Fight force UK in contacts that he may have so that we can hopefully match fighters to be part of what we hope will be an enjoyable and rewarding evening for all those involved with a passion for MMA.
    It was Johnny who called me to ask if I had a -84kg fighter to fight him!!!

I have contacted fighters, mangers and gyms as you know to see what Middleweights are possibly available for a title fight. You may appreciate it takes time for people to get back as I am sure you are aware fighters have busy schedules and some already have commitments, so due to this no decision has been made yet regarding all fights that will take place at the event as to who will fight who.
    So.... If other coaches and fighters have such busy schedules there's no need to bother them with an 84kg title fight against Johnny, I have the guy. Are we on?
    Last edited by Nawk Soo Cow; 07-03-2010 at 10:24 PM. Reason: spelling
    Chris Foran
    Premier Fight Team www.premier-mma.com
    Roger Gracie Academy www.rogergracie.com

Thank you for your response Chris,

Johnny aiding with…hence the phone call to you clearly a contact.
    I do not think that other fighters managers etc would say they are being bothered!

More of a fact that they will respond when they have time to respond with positive feedback with fighters able to fight.

As I have said to you in other web based literature, you have my number please feel free to give me a call to discuss your fighter further.

Best Wishes
    Next Event - Fight Force 1 - Sunday May 2nd 2010
    Whitwick, Leicestershire.
    Tickets on sale now

FIGHT FORCE UK

www.fightforce.co.uk