Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF is the point of MMA Amateur fights that do not include strikes to the head!?!?

Default WTF is the point of MMA Amateur fights that do not include strikes to the head!?!?

Strikes to the head are a PART of MMA. It's not an MMA match, amateur or not, unless striking to the head is allowed.

Anyone else think the no strikes to the head rule is pathetic?

I think its good for novices and people under the age of 18.
    being empty of yourself you cannot be attacked because you arent filled by you.

Quote Originally Posted by White Tyson View Post
    Strikes to the head are a PART of MMA. It's not an MMA match, amateur or not, unless striking to the head is allowed.

By that logic, arnt semi pro rules pathetic because head shots on the ground are part of mma...

I dont think any of the rules are 'pathetic'. Both rules AM and semi pro are good ways to gain experience before making the important step to pro.

Quote Originally Posted by White Tyson View Post

No, I can finish people with body shots...

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

And while we're on the subject, what's with the blunt swords in fencing? You're either stabbing the guy or you're not...
    LANCASTER AND MORECAMBE MMA - Home to Shay Walsh, Matty Steele and Alex 'The Marksman' Makhonin

Quote Originally Posted by Emmet J View Post
    And while we're on the subject, what's with the blunt swords in fencing? You're either stabbing the guy or you're not...

Yeah and in the Olympics they have Shooting. But instead of people or animals they use Clay pigeons. I mean what's the point of that.

boxingbrit

I agree that no head shots is bullshit and also shooting stuff you cant kill or eat. Rubbish

Surely it is a great way for a grappler or come to think of it anyone to get used to grappling with strikes even if they are only to the body.

Why is it pathetic?

Is loving the serious replies on this troll thread :/

Quote Originally Posted by kainer2 View Post
    Is loving the serious replies on this troll thread :/
    You're a sad cunt mate go get a life there are trolls on this forum Im not one of them but you blind twats are too stupid to fucking see who they are.

It's pathetic because strikes to the head is a part of MMA. Watering it down is fucking pathetic. I do believe Sol Gilbert's ZT amateur events include strikes to the head as well which makes sense.

Dont want to get punched in the head? Go enter a jiujitsu tournament.