Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First fight

Quote Originally Posted by NoGiCorbarian View Post
    yeh it either works like a charm or they just ignore it might give it ago

personaly i would smash your face in even more if you did that for trying to get in my head
    If size mattered, the elephant would be the king of the jungle, The mind is like a parachute -- it works best when it is open." - Rickson Gracie

Quote Originally Posted by TheMonk!! View Post
    personaly i would smash your face in even more if you did that for trying to get in my head
    my point exactly either works or pisses them off more lol
    KETTERING SHOOTFIGHTERS, semi pro 1-1-0

It sounds obviously but make sure you fight your fight, I fought on saturday just gone and got told as I was stepping into the cage that he used to be an amatuer boxer hell bent on taking my head off si I had to alter my game plan at the last second which i suppose helped in away because i'm more ground game anyways, for 3 rounds I took him down continuously making a completion on every attempt which frustrated him, in the 3rd I got him in an arm bar and seperated it at the elbow. I stayed focused on my game plan and it paid off, don't get caught in any nitty grittys, just stay focused and I'm sure you'll great, do it for your soon to be child buddy, that will be great inspiration

Best of luck.

Chris.
    Is ready to die for that inch.

Quote Originally Posted by pauljono1120 View Post
    My first fight i was shitting it all day, and stood nervous in the cornor, as soon as the bell went and it started, i was completely fine and loved it!

yeah thats how it is in any conflict its just getting to that point were your about to make contact, what rules you doing nogi? i started out in semi pro at total combat in front of a massive crowd against a home town lad and i got proper booed but it just made me laugh, i think if i did ammy fights now i wouldnt give a shit and just steam in now im used to headshots, i wouldnt even need a boxers guard id use a wrestlers stance and pop the TD's all the time
    If size mattered, the elephant would be the king of the jungle, The mind is like a parachute -- it works best when it is open." - Rickson Gracie

its gunna be class c headshots standing but no gnp, so far from what i have heard about his stand up he loops his hooks real wide and he has no ground game, so im planning on putting the presure on straight away taking him down and working for the sub. unless i catch him and rock him in which case i might keep it standing.

but to begin with im gunna look for the takedown as i said.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGiCorbarian View Post
    its gunna be class c headshots standing but no gnp, so far from what i have heard about his stand up he loops his hooks real wide and he has no ground game, so im planning on putting the presure on straight away taking him down and working for the sub. unless i catch him and rock him in which case i might keep it standing.

but to begin with im gunna look for the takedown as i said.

yeah i had one of those fighters a tip for you if its standing is to throw your punches straight he must be smallish if he loops his punches then, my second fight he threw a right hook as soon as the fight began so i just jabed him and bust him between the eyes he stopped doing it after a couple of those lol its easy to move back when he throws a hook then just move in and do the buisness. always play off your strengths

he is 6ft3 so i got a good 2 inches on him and a pretty big reach advantage from what i been told. so gunna bring the fight to him and not let him find his range etc

Did you attend MMA league at my gym, on saturday just gone mate?
    I don't believe in belts. There should be no ranking system for toughness.

nah cldnt make it mate a few of the lads from kettering shootfighters were there and did pretty good from what i was told it was a good turnout

Pull guard, triangle.