Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Belt whipping for promotion?

Got whipped like a little bitch when i got my purple. With Braulio laughing his balls off with every stroke

Its not his cup you can feel.... Mike Bishop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy D View Post
    We do whip, and I feel the complete opposite to slideyfoot, If there where two clubs at the same standard, but one whipped you when you got promoted and one didnt, Id go for the whipping club. Infact big Chris got his blue last night and recieved a good whipping, congrats Chris.
    LOL - seriously mate !! sounds like a fetish to me

I don't care either way. My last and current club didn't do it; everyone gets thrown instead

My last club did, current team doesn't. Doesn't bother me either way, though seeing as our last grading had close to 100 students present, it's probably a good thing that we don't!

James

i got whipped. i refused to whip anyone else
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

i would take a good whipping after all its part of tradition like a right of passage thing when you earn a new grade
    KETTERING SHOOTFIGHTERS, semi pro 1-1-0

Quote Originally Posted by IranianWarMachine View Post
    There is no need for a lot of things in modern society, its called tradition.
    Worst excuse ever ... I don't think this is the right place for me to expand on this but please do not tell me that because of tradition we have to follow some rule, that's a dangerous statement in general although maybe here it's not a big issue...still....I'd rather you tell me you enjoy the camaraderie or that it creates some kind of bonding than you tell me you follow some kind of tradition

Regarding BJJ I think Belt Whipping is quite ridiculous, having to spar with all guys or going through specific challenges would be more interesting and more fun...I have always felt that belt whipping is really too rough and basic for a belt celebration...

Quote Originally Posted by antmavel View Post
    Worst excuse ever ... I don't think this is the right place for me to expand on this but please do not tell me that because of tradition we have to follow some rule, that's a dangerous statement in general although maybe here it's not a big issue...still....I'd rather you tell me you enjoy the camaraderie or that it creates some kind of bonding than you tell me you follow some kind of tradition

Regarding BJJ I think Belt Whipping is quite ridiculous, having to spar with all guys or going through specific challenges would be more interesting and more fun...I have always felt that belt whipping is really too rough and basic for a belt celebration...
    ha aha ahha a, shut up!

its all done in fun mate, dont take it too seriously.
    BJJ Brown Belt
    MMA Referee

The way some people talk about it you would think it was like being tortured or something. You can barely feel it!!

Rolling with Braulio or Victor for 5 mins is far more uncomfortable than being whipped. lol
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

whippped and thrown at our club - it's not compulsary (But everyone will question your sexuality if you don't )

There were random people running in and whipping Craig when he got his purple belt at Saturdays comp. I couldn't quite get over the barrier to him

[QUOTE][The way some people talk about it you would think it was like being tortured or something. You can barely feel it!!/QUOTE]

I have to disagree. Getting whipped at Carlsons was like been lynched by an angry mob. At the risk of seeming quite gay.. I was a bit traumatized.. at the next whipping I barely raised my belt to the guys who had received new belts. I saw a white belt putting a knot in his belt and pointed out to him that what goes around comes around, after a quick think about it he did agree that it might come back to bite him in the arse.