Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: acai ?

Default acai ?

im thinking about buying some acai from grabandpull.co.uk, does anyone have any idea how to make it into the frozen sort you get in brazil ? i recently bought some at the scotish open but it wasnt the same as in brazil it was mixed with loadsa diffrent fruit and didnt taste the same ?

I've previously spoken to the guys at Sublime food who said that acai has a very short shelf life and in its true form, has to be frozen when picked (if not eaten straight away).

I personally use the acai from Holland and Barrats, its in liquid form and is mixed with pomegranate juice which is another high anti-oxident. But if you prefer it to be acai alone, then i'd go with sublime foods, in my opinion.

get the recipies off Rowan (sublime foods) site, he also sells it on the site and delivered to you frozen. I have freezer full, if you get the bowl mix just right it's very nice.

Acai on it's own is a bit bitter and not that nice to be fair

I have acai from sublime foods. Every sunday i make myself a nice load of acai ni tigela. YUM
    ''Fren let me tell you, purple must smash people. SMASH THEM...that is hequirement for purple. Purple belt dangerus man, if purple belt cannot smash he not real purple'' - CREONTE
    Follow me on Twitter

i had the acai from sublime at the ADCC trials and it was sooooo luvly defo wanna order a tub when i got some dough
    ICON Jiu Jitsu

The only bars i go to are Arm Bars, Knee Bars and a Mars Bar

There were some people at the kent open selling and taking orders, they deliver but it has too stay frozen in bars untill used, also the more you buy the cheaoer. That's probalby why you're thinking of the frozen sort. Someone from Carlsons will know who they were. I actually took a business card.... but obvioulsy have lost it.

Quote Originally Posted by wobblybob View Post
    There were some people at the kent open selling and taking orders, they deliver but it has too stay frozen in bars untill used, also the more you buy the cheaoer. That's probalby why you're thinking of the frozen sort. Someone from Carlsons will know who they were. I actually took a business card.... but obvioulsy have lost it.

http://sublimefoods.co.uk/

These are the guys we use at the Kent Open
    OOOOOSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

yeah i come across acai at the kent open then at the bristol open me and a friend got a box from the guys for 40quid. quality stuff but on its own its abit rank.

thanks lads very helpfull. i just want it to taste like it did when i was in rio im sure its acia and guarana (if thts how its spelt) sugar,

orderd some of sublime