Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: John Philips wins third fight in three weeks!!!

I was wondering what he was on about with the Freeman post aswell.
    Is ready to die for that inch.

Quote Originally Posted by kaizer View Post
    First things first he has a huge fight with Scotlands # 1 MW Allan Love on April 3rd in Nottingham www.bushidochallenge.com
    Spoke with Allan this weekend at KAYO, he is pumped for this fight. He's a big dude and will definitely be a handful for John! Last saw John at Trojan...I couldn't believe how hard he hits! Travis has done it again putting together a huge card.

Really looking forward to this fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Clarke View Post
    Danny is a LW but John's opponent dropped out last week and Danny with balls of absolute fucking steel stepped up and said he would fight him.
    What a plum. A lightweight stepped in to fight a no 1 contender in the MW division?
    "No one deserves to be unbeaten" Dan Hardy post Cage Warriors Strike force 1 2005
    "I wanna be in fights that make history" Paul Daley post UFC 108 2010
    MMA Connect

Quote Originally Posted by David Swann View Post
    What a plum. A lightweight stepped in to fight a no 1 contender in the MW division?
    Think he usually fights at 66kg with a record of 0-2. Total mismatch, can't believe his team let it happen. Very very brave guy and you have to respect him for stepping up at late notice, not many 22(?) year olds would do that!!

Slightly Bonkers shakus maximus's Avatar

phillips is a savage
    i really believe he is a match for anyone in Europe at the moment
    domestically a fight with cahoon would be awesome and i would love to see him rematch with sutherland and fight tom watson
    i think he would would win all three of these fights
    ive bee lucky to be in same changing room with him for 2 of his last 3 fights and the guy has an aura about him, a confidence of invincibility that all great fighters have

who ever he hits he is gonna hurt BAD.
    just my thoughts

Anyone know what his ground game/wrestling his like? I've only seen him a few times and it's never gone on that long to see it lol

There are some tough fights for him in Europe

But hardly anyone is bringing over decent Europeans nowadays

Siyar Bahadurzada, Jordan Radev or Mikko Rupponen (if he ever gets fit) would all be entertaining

Quote Originally Posted by Ian23 View Post
    Anyone know what his ground game/wrestling his like? I've only seen him a few times and it's never gone on that long to see it lol
    He fights out of gracie barra predators in swansea....the gracie barra bit gives it away!