Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: John Philips wins third fight in three weeks!!!

this is an odd thread, i think - it seems to be praise for a guy, knocking out a fighter who is two/three weight classes below him, and even has an 0-2 record there???
    and the bit about blood squirting on the canvas???

here's the beginning of my next thread -

" Mark Connor picks up brutal, one sided win, against 12 year old disabled child - next stop UFC..."
    PROFESSIONAL MMA SHIT.
    LIKES FREE STUFF.
    GIVE ME MONEY.

Quote Originally Posted by markjitsu View Post
    this is an odd thread, i think - it seems to be praise for a guy, knocking out a fighter who is two/three weight classes below him, and even has an 0-2 record there???

" Mark Connor picks up brutal, one sided win, against 12 year old disabled child - next stop UFC..."
    Better take them roids as you are like 20lbs light

tbf he did tko matt thorpe and beat a 11-5 guy in between the fight above. also i don't think you can blame john for that fight...more dannys team/who ever matched them up. johns original opponent pulled out late notice.

Quote Originally Posted by kainer2 View Post
    Better take them roids as you are like 20lbs light
    drugs are for mugs, Ian - it's all about the cakes...
    PROFESSIONAL MMA SHIT.
    LIKES FREE STUFF.
    GIVE ME MONEY.

As far as John knew he was fighting a middleweight. He wasn't that up for fighting the guy when he found out.

I am told he stuck to bodyshots in the fight too.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

mma universe is a bit behind with his record: http://www.mmauniverse.com/fighters/SS11925

I remember seeing him at HoP, Swansea with Enzo Mac in his corner. He had fast hands as well as heavy!
    Sponsored by...PASnutrition, G4MMA, Physicool, Garra fightwear!

Danny Welsh was 1-2 and chose to fight John so thats not Johns fault is it he fought a tough lightweight and won. Enough said.
    Is ready to die for that inch.

fair play to john..as a i said before after knuckle up..it was apparent that this guy is the real deal..

he can BANG and agree with shaky..this guy has an aura of invincability

thou im aware that anyone can be beaten..but imho if he connects its going to be an early night for any of his opponents..

Quote Originally Posted by David Swann View Post
    What a plum. A lightweight stepped in to fight a no 1 contender in the MW division?
    Thanks for that David lol

With all the comments on this thread about me i thought i would pop in and say my piece!

First of all congrats to John on his 3 wins in 3 weeks

I took the fight on my own accord, i fight independantly and have no management team so for those who have mentioned bad management this is not the case. I naturally fight at 66 but due to an injury i have been walking around a little heavier. I received a call a couple of days before the event in which the fight was mentioned. I said i would take it if no one else will as to fight someone with that amount of experience would have been........fun

I do not see the weight difference being an issue, rules have been fought under open weight in the past and there is no reason why this couldnt be done in the future. i have trained with guys as big and bigger than John and have no problem at all.

With regards to my record being 0-2 this also makes no difference. My pro record is 1-2, my loses are simpy due to me being lazy in the gym and hardly training. I could be 3-0 or 9-0 and this would make no difference at all. I have fought since the age of 8 so once again experience holds no bearing. This is also proven by the fact that he finished Marius Lokavicious twice as fast as me. He was the same weight and just as experienced as John!

John seemed a great guy and it was a pleasure to share the cage with him....for a short amount of time lol The ref stopped the fight but i would have quite happily carried on until i could not do so

Someone also mentioned in a previous thread that the fight was dangerous, again this is absolute rubbish, yes John is was bigger than me and quite strong but i have been hit harder by people my own weight in my Thai career and managed to survive

On a positive note thanks to the few comments that were nice haha

NOTE: John does not deserve to be bad mouthed. As Clarke said above John fought, did his job and won. bottom line!
    Last edited by DemolitionDan; 08-03-2010 at 10:21 AM.

Dan Welsh
    Caged Steel Operations

www.caged-steel.com

dan@caged-steel.com

"The A Team"

Anywhere between Bantamweight n Middleweight

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

hang on, the guy who sent out the free Cage Steel t-shirts also fearlessly stepped in to fight someone brilliant - and much bigger?

my fuckin hero!
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'