Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: John Philips wins third fight in three weeks!!!

they said that when i said jp will finish thorpe in first round to, he will beat both fact

Phillips is dangerous and explosive. I have always thought this, but laughable to think in 3 fights he will be in the UFC/Strikeforce !

IF he beats all of the likes of Love, Makhonin and Cahoon then he wins another 3 fights beyond them - perhaps.
    ok so if/WHEN he beats these guys who else is there in the uk? to me other than the already signed mw's these guys are the top guys in the uk so when he's beaten all of them in the uk then why not the ufc/strikeforce, he's a very exciting fighter to watch.

Phillips is a dangerous lad.

Love is a talented fighter, and could prove a tough match for john, but imo, could be a wee bit inexperienced just now and has not been in with the same level of fighter as john phillips. i understand like why lads are on here saying he will walk through love, who is relativly unknown, but love could prove a shock to some of you guys. i think love has the advantage of not being as well known, and probably the underdog in this one, he has nothing to lose imo.

simply for me i go with philips, he could bang out heeavy weights, i dont know what allans hands are like, he has good wrestling and is a really good blue belt maybe purple belt, so will be dangerous.

has allans chin been tested yet in a fight, i dont know, but johns left will almost certainly test it.

good fight

Slightly Bonkers shakus maximus's Avatar

ok so if/WHEN he beats these guys who else is there in the uk? to me other than the already signed mw's these guys are the top guys in the uk so when he's beaten all of them in the uk then why not the ufc/strikeforce, he's a very exciting fighter to watch.
    totally agree

How much weight does he cut anybody know?

lol at John not having beaten good enough people to fight on Strikeforce/UFC.

Who had these guys beaten?

Kimbo
    Herschel Walker
    Houston Alexander
    Sean Gannon
    Jason Reinhardt
    etc...
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Begbie View Post
    Have they missed fights out on Sherdog ( mma universe still says 8-3-0) because they say his record is 11-3-0?

Phillips is dangerous and explosive. I have always thought this, but laughable to think in 3 fights he will be in the UFC/Strikeforce !

IF he beats all of the likes of Love, Makhonin and Cahoon then he wins another 3 fights beyond them - perhaps.
    John has fought a lot of his fights in europe and the shows results were not recorded.

Quote Originally Posted by MMAlien View Post
    John has fought a lot of his fights in europe and the shows results were not recorded.
    Good luck explaining that to a matchmaker / Athletic Commission

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    lol at John not having beaten good enough people to fight on Strikeforce/UFC.

Who had these guys beaten?

Kimbo
    Herschel Walker
    Houston Alexander
    Sean Gannon
    Jason Reinhardt
    etc...
    oh no you didn't !!!

Sometimes MMA is not just black and white.

If you don't understand why Kimbo, Walker and Gannon (and even Alexander) made it to the big time. Then i'm really not gonna explain it now

My 2 cents, i have been really impressed with John and i think he can go far...but he isn't like Herschel Walker who is a living legend in the game of American Football.

Best of luck to John though and i hope he makes it.