Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lightweight Comp/Summer Gi Recommendations

Default Lightweight Comp/Summer Gi Recommendations

Looking to purchase my 2nd gi, i have a faixa rua classico which i highly recommend it is super strong, now im looking for a gi for the summer and for comps, im going white this time as i went blue last time. Been looking at vulkan ultra light, koral light, shoyoroll (but no one has them in stock) and the gracie barra comp ones. What do you guys recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post
    I have the Vulkan. It's an excellent gi.
    2nd-ed. The Vulkan Ultra lite is an excellent gi. Although it has very little shrinkage but that's not a bad thing.
    Pedro Bessa BJJ Bristol. Sweatbox MMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by God of CW View Post
    God likes head kick knock outs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
    2nd-ed. The Vulkan Ultra lite is an excellent gi. Although it has very little shrinkage but that's not a bad thing.
    Where did you guys order yours from?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRabbit View Post
    I got mine from Tao Sports, but I've just checked and they don't seem to sell them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post
    I got mine from Tao Sports, but I've just checked and they don't seem to sell them anymore.
    Ok. cheers mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
    Yeah the shrinkage is minimal, which for me was a result because I struggle to comfortably fit into most A3's that have been through a few washes. My Vulkan couldn't be a better fit better though.

i have the vulkan which i bought in rio, and a koral light both i would say are very good gi's mmafightwear sell the ultra light and the koral light.

I think Cobra fight wear have Vulcan ultra light or Naja Gi's which are very light.

I'll be looking at the new Keiko Summer weave and if they any good will get some in the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRabbit View Post
    the breadknife got me mine as a present ages ago, think it was through London Fight Factory but not 100% sure.
    Pedro Bessa BJJ Bristol. Sweatbox MMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by God of CW View Post
    God likes head kick knock outs.