Thread: Does anyone on here train MMA or No Gi at Carlsons in London on Sunday?

Hybrid View

Default Does anyone on here train MMA or No Gi at Carlsons in London on Sunday?

Just wondering how busy the classes are on Sundays? I'd like to start getting down there at the weekend but that would mean having to rearrange a few work commitments.

I'm not looking for any feedback on the quality of instruction as I know that it's top notch. I just don't want to go to all the trouble of rearranging work commitments, just to find that the classes are packed to the rafters like they often are during the weekday evenings.

Cheers!!

I go to both the MMA class and No Gi class on a Sunday. The MMA class is excellent, it gets busy, but not too busy, about right. The No Gi class is also good, but generally you only get a handfull of people attending.

OK thanks mate. Can I ask, when you say it gets busy but not too busy, what sort of numbers are you talking about? I've been to some evening classes during the week where there can be 40+ people on the mats and it's just too congested for my liking. People falling all over one another especially during the warm ups etc.

Not having a pop at Carlsons. There's a very good reason why they're so popular and their classes are so busy. It's because they're very, very good at what they do and the quality of their instruction is exceptional. I just like a bit of space to move lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Scratch View Post
    OK thanks mate. Can I ask, when you say it gets busy but not too busy, what sort of numbers are you talking about? I've been to some evening classes during the week where there can be 40+ people on the mats and it's just too congested for my liking. People falling all over one another especially during the warm ups etc.

Not having a pop at Carlsons. There's a very good reason why they're so popular and their classes are so busy. It's because they're very, very good at what they do and the quality of their instruction is exceptional. I just like a bit of space to move lol.
    You should try to make the daytime classes, they're always much less busy. Fridays are also usually a bit quieter.

I would say probably about 15 people +, 20 tops. What I would regard as a good number for the space available.

Quote Originally Posted by thebiggoose View Post
    I would say probably about 15 people +, 20 tops. What I would regard as a good number for the space available.
    Thanks fella, 15/20/25 people is fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SWM View Post
    You should try to make the daytime classes, they're always much less busy. Fridays are also usually a bit quieter.
    I've been to a couple of daytime classes and they were pure bliss. If there was anyway I could get to them on a regular basis I'd be a very happy man. Unfortunately work makes that an impossibility.