Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I wana try cage fightin

Default I wana try cage fightin

I wana try cage fightin, Iv boxed as an amateur n in total hav done 2 years kickboxing n 5 years of boxing so my stand up is good, I just have little knowledge of the ground fightin n grapplin, so I wana know how long do u reckon itl b b4 il b able 2 get in the cage when i start goin 2 an mma gym n learnin the ground stuff, r we talkin years or a few months?

Banned

Depends.

If your training a good few times a week, you could be fighting in a few months.

Or if you take the pauljono route to training, could be about 12 months mate.

thanx 4 the reply. 4 real a few months, il hav 2 find a gym n get sum serious trainin dun then, the sooner the betta.
    Also do ya know about the medical side of things, coz im short sighted, does that affect u competin?

Quote Originally Posted by NESoulja View Post
    thanx 4 the reply. 4 real a few months, il hav 2 find a gym n get sum serious trainin dun then, the sooner the betta.
    Also do ya know about the medical side of things, coz im short sighted, does that affect u competin?
    Bas Rutten (one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time) is blind as fuck; he wears contacts.

Quote Originally Posted by DanCrase View Post
    Bas Rutten (one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time) is blind as fuck; he wears contacts.
    thanx 4 that, just gave me alotmoreconfidence, im propa serious about doin it so wudnt want nowt daft like short sightedness 2 get in the way. neva knew about bas rutten wearin contacts like

thanx 4 that, just gave me alotmoreconfidence, im propa serious about doin it so wudnt want nowt daft like short sightedness 2 get in the way. neva knew about bas rutten wearin contacts like
    Yeah, he was talking in an interview about Tsuyoshi Kosaka catching him with a punch that knocked one of his contacts out in their UFC 18 fight, and he was saying how it messed his vision up.

With the sheer amount of people with vision impairmant in the world; it's innevitable some fighters will have it

Yeah, he was talking in an interview about Tsuyoshi Kosaka catching him with a punch that knocked one of his contacts out in their UFC 18 fight, and he was saying how it messed his vision up.

With the sheer amount of people with vision impairmant in the world; it's innevitable some fighters will have it
    thanx 4 the info, my eyes arent that bad i hav 2 wear contacts, i go about evry day with no visual aid so i guess it shudnt b a problem then

thanx 4 the info, my eyes arent that bad i hav 2 wear contacts, i go about evry day with no visual aid so i guess it shudnt b a problem then
    Nah, after all; you're not exactly gonna be far from each other are you; it's not a duel!

Take it you never passed/wouldnt pass your medical for boxing right now? Why did you stop?

Nah, after all; you're not exactly gonna be far from each other are you; it's not a duel!
    yeh thats true