Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: High grades that do not roll

.................................................. ...
    Last edited by rjd; 10-03-2010 at 03:46 PM.

steve_langford

Im gonna offend someone now I just know it..................

Want a brown belt? all you have to do is.................

nah Ill leave it there

Quote Originally Posted by rjd View Post
    We have 2 Brown belts in there 40's in Brum that I know of.

One does not teach nor roll ( Paul Kelly )
    and one that comes to class but does not roll ( Ajaz Saddique )
    yet they still keep getting stripes etc?. and one day will be come black belts with hardly any rolling exp for at least a few years other than with Black belts.

If they're both in their 40's it may be injury worries that keep them from rolling, a lot of injuries (in my experience at least) seem to be down to over-enthusiastic application of subs by lower belts. What are their jobs? Maybe they can't afford the chance to be injured and out of work for any period of time? There are a lot of factors that may stop them from wanting to roll with lower belts and there may be a very good legitimate reason for it.
    Pedro Bessa BJJ Bristol. Sweatbox MMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by God of CW View Post
    God likes head kick knock outs.

Last edited by rjd; 10-03-2010 at 03:47 PM.

Your only as good as your last roll the rest is bullshido.I think you should roll with everyone blue belt and higher.Earn your stripes and be prepared to roll with everyone.Jujitsu is an art of refinement which can be practiced on most people.Ask the question how many black belts can tap a good blue with a certain sub of choice the answer wont be many and the ones that say yes,can will be the ones who roll with everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftMotion View Post
    Ask the question how many black belts can tap a good blue with a certain sub of choice the answer wont be many
    I doubt this. Except for cases of huge age/size/strength differences, I think most black belts should be able to hit any specific sub on most (good) blue belts.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

I doubt this. Except for cases of huge age/size/strength differences, I think most black belts should be able to hit any specific sub on most (good) blue belts.
    Totally agree!, it shouldent be the other way round in some cases lol

I think it is possible to progress just sparring with a black belt but it would take longer than normal, a variety of training partners definitely helps your game progress.

Slightly Bonkers shakus maximus's Avatar

Paul I have been told
    how do you know for sure when all u are being told is third hand.
    ive been around a long time and have heard bullshit talked about different fighters yet when i have actually trained with them the bullshit i had heard could not have been further from the truth.
    i think naming and slating people publicly is a ad idea basd on "someone said"
    seeing is believing.

.................................................. .......
    Last edited by rjd; 10-03-2010 at 03:48 PM.