Thread: how long before i can get to competition level

Default how long before i can get to competition level

hey all,ive done judo a few years back and have just started up mma.was looking at entering a grappling event in april.is this a good idea or should i wait?thanks

Go for it, whats the worst that can happen? It’s all a learning experience. If you competed in your Judo then it wont be massively different to a grappling comp in any case. If you get easily handled then practice some more, dust yourself off and try again!
    "Just Scrap!"

Twitter '@DWedz'

Quote Originally Posted by scott86 View Post
    hey all,ive done judo a few years back and have just started up mma.was looking at entering a grappling event in april.is this a good idea or should i wait?thanks
    yeh I say do it. even if u lose ul take more away from it coz u learn more from a loss

yeh mate give it a go as its been said whats the worst that can happen u get tapped even if u do big deal its just a comp
    KETTERING SHOOTFIGHTERS, semi pro 1-1-0

We always encourage our students to enter either an in-house or inter club grappling event and then possibly larger grappling comps before they move into MMA events. It's an excellent way to test your ground game where you less likely to get injured but under more pressure than in your normal classes so go for it.

Default rules and regs for west midlands open 18th april Dudley

thanks for all the advice guys,now for the next question!!
    anyone no the rules and regs???????????
    thanks

These kind of threads are a bit like people asking how long is a piece of string!

If your with a decent club the coach will have all the answers you need.

If your not with a decent club then find one!

Then your next question should be...Good training in or Near...(place where your from)?
    CONTROL YOURSELF!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scott86 View Post
    thanks for all the advice guys,now for the next question!!
    anyone no the rules and regs???????????
    thanks
    Yeah, Amateur is No headshots, Semi Pro is headshots standing only and Pro is headshots standing and on the ground. Voila!