Thread: The BJJ Hypnotist

Default The BJJ Hypnotist

BJJ School brown belt Eamonn Madden talks to the Fightworks Podcast about his mental performance and sports hypnosis coaching methods for BJJ athletes:

http://thefightworkspodcast.com/2010...eamonn-madden/

Excerpt:

The FightWorks Podcast: So what tools do you use?

Eamonn Madden: The main tools that I find really work well with my clients are a blend of sports hypnosis and NLP – neural linguistic programming. I view it as the equivalent of installing new ’software’ for the brain.

The FightWorks Podcast: Really? You can literally reprogram the brain, like some sort of computer?

Hope you enjoy, thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Meerkatsu's BJJ Blog

Interesting stuff.

The mind must surely be the most important thing to get right?

I trained at BJJ school for a month and I have to say that I found Eamonn to be an incredible coach and an utterly decent guy.

intresting stuff

Yup, Eamonn is a cool guy, very friendly, very approachable. Whether you believe in psychoanalysis methods used or not, he seems to be generating great success with his clients, so good luck to him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Meerkatsu's BJJ Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Meerkatsu View Post
    Yup, Eamonn is a cool guy, very friendly, very approachable. Whether you believe in psychoanalysis methods used or not, he seems to be generating great success with his clients, so good luck to him.

Whether or not he is a nice guy I bet he could make you think he is a nice guy by mind fucking you!

Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you're under.

1st Dan Judo Black belt, BJJ practitioner, Welterweight Mixed Martial Artist available for ring and cage work.

vs-Gunnar Nelson aired on Bravo 21/02
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8evj...eature=related

Fight on Kayo MMA 22/11/09:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lS1qgUYXr0

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

An interesting and maybe valuable way to consider Hypnosis and NLP is to understand that we are in fact very seldom out of preconditioned behaviour which we might consider as a form of reflexive trances as they are based on our beliefs and values which are generalisations based on our perspective of our life experiences.
    Our beliefs and values are hard wired into our neural path over years and become reflexive responses so we are in fact behaving not to what is confronting us with free will but with a very narrow set of predetermined set of responses, all of which have positive intention but may not serve us well in all situations.
    Hypnosis/NLP offers a set of tools to step out of our everyday trances and become more fully present and aware of the process of what is happening to us outside of our conscious awareness and maybe choose to adjust them toward improving our interactions with our environment

Heard good things about Eamonn, looking forward to reading that.

Nathan
    Head Coach at Leicester Shootfighters
    Sponsored by Caged Steel and Empire Fight Shop