Thread: choice of training venues, Leicester and Nottingham

Default choice of training venues, Leicester and Nottingham

Hey guys, I'm trying to decide on a place to train in the forseeable future. I live in Loughborough so I can get to both Leicester and Nottingham with relative ease. I have already looked at Leicester Shooters, Nottingham Blackbelt Academy and Bushido MMA, and I have a few prelim lessons booked next week.

Does anyone have any opinions on these clubs, or know of any other good MMA clubs near me (preferably in city centres as I am limited by public transport)

Theres Rough house in the city centre I think, Semtex has another gym on Manfield road too?....Tap or snap, but i think thats the other end of notts for you? Kirkby is more Mansfield way aint it?

Bushido fella is on here a lot too mate. If you find any links mate, can you let me know on my site, I am in the process of adding an MMA directory, where you can search for gyms, clubs within a radius to your postcode! Just put the bits together yesterday, so need to start adding gyms and clubs..

everyone else, add your club on the site! cheers
    I don't believe in belts. There should be no ranking system for toughness.

Bushido and Leicester shoot are both very good gyms, either would be a safe choice, I'd say try both and see which you prefer

Quote Originally Posted by MrHillman View Post
    Theres Rough house in the city centre I think, Semtex has another gym on Manfield road too?....Tap or snap, but i think thats the other end of notts for you? Kirkby is more Mansfield way aint it?

Bushido fella is on here a lot too mate. If you find any links mate, can you let me know on my site, I am in the process of adding an MMA directory, where you can search for gyms, clubs within a radius to your postcode! Just put the bits together yesterday, so need to start adding gyms and clubs..

everyone else, add your club on the site! cheers
    There is no Rough house gym! lol

Notts you have Bushido. Lee is a top bloke. Daleys place isnt a gym but he hold privates. Email or PM him for more details. Libertys is near by, I have never taken any lessons there so cant say anything about it.

Leicester: Leicester shoot is the best place. The only place even worth considering. I could go on all day on how good it is. Just come down will be easier. Trained fighters from local shows to UFC.
    Team Rough House - UKs no1 fight team

"The UK's Lyoto Machida - Hit and Run, Baby" widge milward's Avatar

Leicester shoot is the best place. The only place even worth considering. I could go on all day on how good it is. Just come down will be easier. Trained fighters from local shows to UFC.
    They the gym featured on the UFC primetime show? oh wait.....
    You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get

Team Colosseum

If in Leicester go to Leicester Shoot http://leicestermma.wordpress.com/

Levo is doing great things with the guys there. And you also get to meet "Judo" Jimmy Wallhead there too. Just watch out he doesn't make you apply his fake tan and blonde highlights whilst you are there

It's a shame because Jimmy Wallhead used to run classes on a sat in Loughborough but now he's doing everything at Leicester shoot.

As the above said Leicester Shoot is the placefor you might be worth getting over on the weekend when you can get more classes in if you've got a decent journey. I used to go to Loughborough to Jimmy's most weeks and it's not to bad a journey take you 45 mins to Shoot.
    http://www.leicestermma.co.uk/ - Leicester Shoot

''I would rather have earned an honorable defeat as a man trying to earn a victory, than forever deny myself any chance of victory as a coward who fears defeat'' - Blackdogmma

ahhh sorry predator, my bad...will update my inferior knowledge! lol
    I don't believe in belts. There should be no ranking system for toughness.

Awesome, I'm heading over to Leicestershoot on Wednesday and Thursday next week for intro lessons. Its actually a very quick journey because the train station is literally on my doorstep this end, the train journey is 10 mins and its then a 15/20 min walk from the station to the venue

Has anyone heard of the Notts School of Blackbelts? They do mostly Kickboxing, but have started MMA about a year ago, the website says the instructors are affiliated with shooters MMA. I have a lesson with them tomorrow, just wondered if anyone knew anything beforehand?

EDIT: this is their website http://www.nottinghamschoolofblackbe...m/asp/Home.asp

Not trained at the School of Black Belts but Bushido and Leicester Shoot are highly recommended.

Liberty Gym also has a range of training and is good to.

As mentioned by some of the other guys go along and try them all.

Whatever you decide will be a good decision as they all have great coaches.