Thread: MMA in The Times

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Default MMA in The Times

If you close your eyes in Dan’s gym you can’t tell if you’re in an S&M dungeon or a gay nightclub.
    “It’s demeaning,” sighs Dean, with the tone of a pole dancer confronting Germaine Greer.
    FFS

To be fair, ends positively. Cheers Katie.

"Actually, this isn’t as bad as a lot of the sports we cover,” says Jenny the ringside paramedic. “Something like motorsport is so unpredictable: there are factors like weather conditions you can’t control. Here the fighters are all trained and the refs are very vigilant. Usually it’s a matter of getting in, checking it out, and they’re fine.”
    Despite BMA’s disapproval, you’ve got to bare in mind they’ve been anti-boxing since 1982. With new rules and regulations, MMA has come a long way from the anarchic bloodthirsty sport it was first billed as. It’s grown up into a legitimate arena of competition for professional sportsmen.

Even John McCain is changing his mind. “The sport has grown up,” he’s admitted. “The rules have been adopted to give its athletes better protections and to ensure fairer competition.”

And me? To misquote Katy Perry: “I hit a girl and I liked it.”
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle7058135.ece
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

MMA in the Times.... I feel like Jesse Jackson when Obama got to the Whitehouse.
    MMA Officials London, Essex and East Anglia representative