Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why doesent rickson gracie write a book or do an instructional?

Well most of things he does, in fact 90% of what he does is solid basics, he has a couple tricks like with his 2 step armbar, but i think that can be found from other instructors on youtube.
    "A boxer is the best predator on land. The Lion, but throw him in the shark tank and he becomes just another meal" Renzo Gracie.

because of the predictable ending

rickson via armbar
    Strategy can subsitute for talent, but talent will never subsitute for strategy.

"Sometimes hype just isn't enough" Jens Pulver

Quote Originally Posted by akiraB View Post
    After looking at one of the guys post about rickson seminar in u.s being 200. I thought he seems a very good teacher and i'm sure he would like to write about his philosophy, diet , yoga and jiu jitsu etc. A bit like bruce lee writing 'the art of expressing the human body etc.

We all on this forum love jiu jitsu and i'm sure we would all be pre ordering a book by the man him self. Doesent rickson owe it too us?

Just wondered thats all. Any you guys ever thought that?
    Rickson is a fraud call in the BJJ Police ASAP.
    Please respect authority.

Amateur Boxing Record: 26-9

Quote Originally Posted by IranianWarMachine View Post
    Well most of things he does, in fact 90% of what he does is solid basics, he has a couple tricks like with his 2 step armbar, but i think that can be found from other instructors on youtube.
    Agreed, if rickson did a book of the stuff he actually uses it would be a pretty short book of course he could always pad it out with stuff for people of other body types, attributes etc.

You cant see the subtlety of a masters technique on youtube. Personally i dont think i am qualified to speak about the mans ability. I probably never will be. Aside from that, the knowledge he has mostly cant be written down, firstly its mostly tacit and secondly its contained in his body rather than his mind. If this were not the case then someone with a photographic memory could learn BJJ by just watching.

I would definitely like to here what he has to say on fight fitness, mentality, and the philosophy of Jui Jitsu. It would be like reading the Takuan Soho of BJJ.
    Last edited by Leiurus; 13-03-2010 at 07:08 PM.
    Tap Forged