Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are steroids/performance enhancing drugs rife in UKMMA?

Default Are steroids/performance enhancing drugs rife in UKMMA?

Spoke to a guy today who has had a couple of amateur MMA fights and he insists that even at his level steroid/PED use is commonplace. In the pro ranks he reckons it's rife.

Is he talking out of his arse?

it wldnt suprise me if it was at the local show level but surely the bigger shows such as cagerage etc wld have drugs tests but for smaller promoters its to expensive to have every fighter take a piss test etc,

i seen a few guys at the weekend who defo looked like they had roid rage lol
    KETTERING SHOOTFIGHTERS, semi pro 1-1-0

Wouldn't suprise me in the slightest as no one tests for it!

It's rife at the highest levels of international MMA.

I know of at least 4 fighters who do. I have tried them a few years back but they disagreed with me... So did my girlfriend. Considering MMA is a small community, I would be surprised if each person did not know at least one other who does.
    "Awww, so you lost darling - but it's the taking part that counts" My Mum... thanks for nothing Mum.

definately mate,but at the higher level i'm guessing hgh as it's harder to detect,i've seen some guys that fight at welter and they make me who fights at welter look like a baby in size comparison,apparently it's too expensive to test for,about 800 a fighter and as we have no regulating body over here people can pretty much do as they want!!!!
    Don't Take Life Too Serious Or You'll Die Stressed!!!

lol this is probably why UK fighters seem do be doing so well in the UFC.

They're so used to fighting guys on juice that when they get to the US where the testing is more stringent they don't come across as many guys under the influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
    lol this is probably why UK fighters seem do be doing so well in the UFC.

They're so used to fighting guys on juice that when they get to the US where the testing is more stringent they don't come across as many guys under the influence.
    think you could have a point!!!!
    Don't Take Life Too Serious Or You'll Die Stressed!!!

Going to show how naive I am here.

How much of an advantage do steroids give someone in MMA?

I now you can build up freakish muscle mass - but does that equal strength? I mean you look at someone like Anderson Silva who if you saw by the side of pool you would not think, fuck me I bet he is a hard cunt, but then when you watch him fight he is really fucking strong, people can't muscle there way out of his clinch.

Quote Originally Posted by cageoholic View Post
    Going to show how naive I am here.

How much of an advantage do steroids give someone in MMA?

I now you can build up freakish muscle mass - but does that equal strength? I mean you look at someone like Anderson Silva who if you saw by the side of pool you would not think, fuck me I bet he is a hard cunt, but then when you watch him fight he is really fucking strong, people can't muscle there way out of his clinch.
    yeah he is strong but more importantly..technically strong..

Plus..rumour has it that he walks about at 98kg and is fighting at 84kg pretty big differance there..