Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Any IKON results?

Bernat by TKO round 1 due to strikes from sidemount

"The UK's Lyoto Machida - Hit and Run, Baby" widge milward's Avatar

Cant remember all the results but was very impressed with the matches I seen.

Firstly I have to big up my man Saul Rogers. Dominating performance from start to finish some sharp boxing dominated the clinch with some nice takedowns and finished with the submission, not bad for someone training less than a year.

Shay Walsh was quality, never let the guy settle, got the takedown and just mauled him on the mat with continous strikes.

Matt Inman was quality as per usual dominated Jones with some slick wrestling and top control finishing with the sub.

Mick Bowman done well, took some punishment at the start of the round, turned the tables and landed some big elbows to finish the round. Second round dominated the standed up with thai combinations landing some heavy leg kicks then got the takedown, crucifix position and landed some more elbows before the guy gave his back.

Markus got stopped in the first but took a finger in the eye on a couple of occasions, taking nothing away from the other guy who done the job in unorthodox fashion.

My only gripe was the “no contest” surely if you pop the knee with the kneebar you win the fight? The lad from EFR should of won that match IMO, no way should you be able to carry on even if it pops and goes back in.

Excellent show from Darren and the team, we were looked after and the fighters got an awesome goodybag from the great people at Body Active. Roll on fight Ikon 3
    You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get

Team Colosseum

Pretty good show, was impressed by Saul Rogers, Shay Walsh, Mick Bowman and Matt Inman.

And totally agree about the non contest, the fight should have been stopped when he first popped the knee. I thought docs could only be consulted for cuts?

Well done Bowman son!! sorry i couldnt be there mate but it sounds like a good one - onwards to the next
    www.mmafactory.co.uk - Use discount code cagewarriors for 10% off your order

Bowman was impressive, got ragged around a bit in first minute or two but kept his composure and took control of the fight. To look at the size and muscle difference between them it looked like a mismatch (against Bowman) but then when Bowman was sitting on him elbowing his head for fun it looked like a mismatch the other way round.

Inman's win was quality, tactically perfect and stuck to a plan while avoiding temptation to try and 'prove something' by standing with a stand up guy

that no contest should have been stopped when the guy's knee got shredded; he wanted to continue but fighters have to be protected from themselves sometimes. Never seen someone call for timeout after getting heel hooked and then get the fight restarted. He couldnt walk on his leg afterwards. Shame the EFR lad didnt get the W for that one.

Great event, great fights and good atmosphere!

Shouts out to Widge, Ian and Dave Butlin, Danny Rushton, Aaron, Lee Hasdell, Mark Woodard and we even had the honour of having Jon Einemo at the event cornering his fighter!

Got some good pix will put a few on here when I get them on my maptop, just at the airport now

F

quick question - does inman still fight with sbg even tho they have closed?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Clarke View Post
    This is all I know.

60 Nathan Dunne (Team Kilbride) Vs Sam Hodgin (Salford MMA)
    u66 Joe Frey (IFS NI) Vs Adam Hodgeson (Huyton MMA)
    u84 Mark Stevens (Applied Combat) Vs Lee Whitehead (Salford MMA)
    u77 Stephen Owens (IFS NI) Vs Dave Ogden (Salford MMA)

u70 Saul Rogers (Colluseum) Vs Kostadin Toychev (Huyton MMA)
    u70 Gray Mayanika (Applied Combat) Vs Aaron Lowe (Salford MMA)
    u70 Daniel Harwood (Reps MMA) Vs Chris Webb (Trap n Tap)
    u70 Stephen Kingsbury Vs Statham Heathcote (Evade MMA) Not a bloody clue what was going on.
    u77 Chris Clarke (Applied Combat) Vs Scott Rogers (Trap n Tap)
    u66 Steve Nightingale (Reps MMA) Vs Andy Green (Salford MMA)
    u84 Jon Waterhouse (Leeds Cage) Vs Mason Brabiner (Trap n Tap)
    u66 Shay Walsh (Morcombe MMA) Vs An Irish lad (Caged Steel)
    u70 Anthony Kearnes (Reps MMA) Vs Gary Kelly (Wolfslair) ???
    u84 Jordan McCluskey (Team Quannum) Vs ???
    u120 Bernat Pados (Norway) Vs Markus Grosse (Munich)
    u77 Ric Jones (Franks Gym) Vs Matt Inman (Manchester SBG)
    Gratz Chris noticed you won!

"The UK's Lyoto Machida - Hit and Run, Baby" widge milward's Avatar

made me chuckle when the fans started chanting "you tapped out" though. rather sureal lol.
    You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get

Team Colosseum

Thanks Jay

It was hilarious... I was stood ready to ring walk and thats all I could hear.. I had to come out just to see what the hell was happening.
    Is ready to die for that inch.