Thread: Any IKON results?

Fight Ikon 2
    14th March 2010
    Ikon Bolton UK

Promoter: Darren Sherlock
    Referees: Lee Hasdell & Mark Woodard
    Sanctioned by: ISKA-UK MMA

3 x 3 Amateur MMA (No Head-Shots)

1. Bantam Weight: Sam Hodgin – Salford MMA Beat Nathan Dunne - Team Kilbride Unanimous Points.
    2. Feather Weight: Joe Frey – IFS NI Beat Adam Hodgeson – Huyton MMA 29 secs Rnd 1 Arm bar.
    3. Middle Weight: Lee Whitehead – Salford Beat Mark Stevens – Applied Combat 33 secs Rnd 1 Guillotine.
    4. Welter Weight: Stephen Owens – IFS NI Beat Dave Ogden – Salford MMA 1 min Rnd 2 Arm bar.

2 x 5 Semi-Pro C-Class

5. Light Weight: Saul Rodgers – Colluseum Beat Kostadin Toychev – Huyton MMA 2.37 Rnd 1 Triangle Choke.
    6. Light Weight: Gray Mayanika – Applied Combat Beat Aaron Lowe – Salford MMA Majority Points.
    7. Welter Weight: Chris Webb – Trap n Tap Beat Daniel Harwood – Reps MMA Unanimous Points.
    8. Welter Weight: Stephen Kingsbury – IFS N1 Beat Statham Heathcote – Evade MMA – Due to leg injury in Rnd 1.
    9. Welter Weight: Chris Clarke – Applied Combat Beat Scott Roger – Trap n Tap Unanimous Points.
    10. Feather Weight: Steve Nightingale – Reps MMA Beat Andy Green – Salford MMA 4.01 secs Rnd 1 Achilles Leg Lock.
    11. Middle weight: Jon Waterhouse – Leeds Cage Beat Mason Brabner – Trap n Tap 4.39 secs Rnd 1 RNC.

3 x 5 Pro B-Class.

12. Middle Weight: Shay Walsh – Lancaster MMA Beat Eamonn McNabb – EFS NI 55 secs Rnd 1 TKO
    13. Light Weight: Mick Bowman - Wolflair Beat Anthony Kearnes – Reps MMA 2.28 Rnd 2 RNC.
    14. Welter Weight: Matt Inman – SBG Beat Ric Jones – Frankies Gym 2.42 Rnd 1 RNC.
    15. Heavy Weight: Bernat Pados – Norway Beat Markus Grosse – Germany 4.14 Rnd 1 Tap Out from GnP.
    Last edited by SSJ; 15-03-2010 at 12:07 PM.
    Lee 新戦術 Hasdell J-MMA (UK) Booker www.combudo.com

I really enjoyed fightin on this show the atmosphere was great as was the venue n the crowd apart from the little bastard that screamed in2 my ear I was gonna get fuckin smashed maaaaaaate as I made my way 2the cage haha. Big thanks 2 Darren 4 havin me on his show n my opponent 4taking the fight

You have shay walsh down as losing??.. He won.
    Is ready to die for that inch.

*Please note.

After a review with various officials and the ISKA office, the 'no contest' bouts decision has been changed to a win to Stephen Kingsbury due to leg injury in round 1.

The leg injury was a pre-fight injury and we are investigating this issue.

Lee H.
    Lee 新戦術 Hasdell J-MMA (UK) Booker www.combudo.com

How come you've got the pro fights down as B class when they weren't?

"The UK's Lyoto Machida - Hit and Run, Baby" widge milward's Avatar

Middle Weight: Shay Walsh – Lancaster MMA Beat Eamonn McNabb – EFS NI 55 secs Rnd 1 TKO
    Bloody hell they were tiny middle weights, if i were them id cut to 66kg

After a review with various officials and the ISKA office, the 'no contest' bouts decision has been changed to a win to Stephen Kingsbury due to leg injury in round 1.
    good to hear.
    You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get

Team Colosseum

Quote Originally Posted by SSJ View Post
    Fight Ikon 2
    14th March 2010
    Ikon Bolton UK

Promoter: Darren Sherlock
    Referees: Lee Hasdell & Mark Woodard
    Sanctioned by: ISKA-UK MMA

3 x 3 Amateur MMA (No Head-Shots)

1. Bantam Weight: Sam Hodgin Salford MMA Beat Nathan Dunne - Team Kilbride Unanimous Points.
    2. Feather Weight: Joe Frey IFS NI Beat Adam Hodgeson Huyton MMA 29 secs Rnd 1 Arm bar.
    3. Middle Weight: Lee Whitehead Salford Beat Mark Stevens Applied Combat 33 secs Rnd 1 Guillotine.
    4. Welter Weight: Stephen Owens IFS NI Beat Dave Ogden Salford MMA 1 min Rnd 2 Arm bar.

2 x 5 Semi-Pro C-Class

5. Light Weight: Saul Rodgers Colluseum Beat Kostadin Toychev Huyton MMA 2.37 Rnd 1 Triangle Choke.
    6. Light Weight: Gray Mayanika Applied Combat Beat Aaron Lowe Salford MMA Majority Points.
    7. Welter Weight: Chris Webb Trap n Tap Beat Daniel Harwood Reps MMA Unanimous Points.
    8. Welter Weight: Stephen Kingsbury IFS N1 Beat Statham Heathcote Evade MMA Due to leg injury in Rnd 1.
    9. Welter Weight: Chris Clarke Applied Combat Beat Scott Roger Trap n Tap Unanimous Points.
    10. Feather Weight: Steve Nightingale Reps MMA Beat Andy Green Salford MMA 4.01 secs Rnd 1 Achilles Leg Lock.
    11. Middle weight: Jon Waterhouse Leeds Cage Beat Mason Brabner Trap n Tap 4.39 secs Rnd 1 RNC.

3 x 5 Pro B-Class.

12. Middle Weight: Shay Walsh Lancaster MMA Beat Eamonn McNabb EFS NI 55 secs Rnd 1 TKO
    13. Light Weight: Mick Bowman - Wolflair Beat Anthony Kearnes Reps MMA 2.28 Rnd 2 RNC.
    14. Welter Weight: Matt Inman SBG Beat Ric Jones Frankies Gym 2.42 Rnd 1 RNC.
    15. Heavy Weight: Bernat Pados Norway Beat Markus Grosse Germany 4.14 Rnd 1 Tap Out from GnP.
    I seriously hope that Shay wasnt a middleweight, or I need to rethink everything I have learnt this far in MMA!!!
    I'm a doctor in exercise the same way Dr Dre is in hip hop!

*Please note.

Great stuff!

The leg injury was a pre-fight injury and we are investigating this issue.
    I dont understand what you have to investigate? Surely if somebody agrees to fight and suffers an injury to the extent he cant continue during the fight under the rules (in this case a kneebar), regardless of whether it was a injury sustained 2 weeks before or during - once he steps in there, he waives the right to complain about it?
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthic View Post
    Great stuff!

I dont understand what you have to investigate? Surely if somebody agrees to fight and suffers an injury to the extent he cant continue during the fight under the rules (in this case a kneebar), regardless of whether it was a injury sustained 2 weeks before or during - once he steps in there, he waives the right to complain about it?
    agreed,that's why fighters pull out if they're injured prior to a fight,unfortunate but sometimes things can't be helped,but to go into a fight knowing you're injured but then complaining about it(not saying anyone complained in this fight)is wrong,especially if it's a submission attempt that caused it!!!!
    Don't Take Life Too Serious Or You'll Die Stressed!!!

"After a review with various officials and the ISKA office, the 'no contest' bouts decision has been changed to a win to Stephen Kingsbury due to leg injury in round 1."

Usually I hide in the shadows like a ninja and just read the posts on the forum and not pass comment. However, I'll break cover for a few seconds just to say I'm happy about this decision too.

*sets off smoke bomb and hides again*